SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is to put spring back in place? I understand that you have to compress it in order to put it back. I am afraid I don't brake the clip again.

My plastic clip broke (yellow i color) and I got new one.

Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
How hard is to put spring back in place? I understand that you have to compress it in order to put it back. I am afraid I don't brake the clip again.

My plastic clip broke (yellow i color) and I got new one.

Thanks
Where did you get it? I've been trying to get one forever!

·
Registered
1 Posts
clutch helper spring installation

1) it's ok to run without the spring, but setting cruise control means pulling up the pedal with your foot.
2) usual problem is the yellow helper clip is broken. Online ~$7 plus shipping.
3) repair procedure: pull down the cover - one torx screw. You don't remove the cover as one end is tied in under the tunnel cover. Leave the OBDII connector alone. Look for the leftover clip and pry it out with a small screw driver. It really tough to get under there and see anything, but it can be done (use a good light to see). Push the new clip in, you will have to push the back of the clip in with the screw driver to get it to properly clip into place. It only fits one way. Now take the spring with the pointy end and push it into the clip. The clip has a V slot to hold the spring. Now bring the spring over to the pedal. There is a U shaped hook on the pedal. Push the spring over the hook sideways and you are done. (ok put the cover back on and clean up your tools)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts