SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I can't hold it off any longer, my clutch definately needs replacing. I have three options:

Standard Sachs: £149
OEM Saab: £239
Spec2: £474 (inc all the shipping and taxes)
Abbott/Sachs: £554 (Uprated pressure plate from Abbott, plus a standard Sachs kit)

The car is a 95 Aero, currently running Maptun Stage3, so c.295bhp.

At the moment, I'm erring towards getting the standard Sachs one and turning the boost down a bit, as the car is now my main family wagon and I don't tend to use all the gee-gees other than on the motorway. Is this silly? Am I going to need another new one in 6 months time?
Is the OEM Saab one any better/stronger/higher torque rated?

Also, I've been warned off the SPEC one because they don't last as long, due to a smaller area on material on the friction plate - can anyone confirm or deny?

On another day, I might have just shelled out for the Abbott jobbie, but the car has just stung me for a bottom end rebuilt and a new TCS thottle body, so I'm feeling a bit skint.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
place called triple8motorsports over on your side of the pond sells the sachs uprated disk for cheaper than abbott, grab an ss clutch line, and new slave and friction disk and youll love it drives just like stock (i have 15k miles on mine)

the spec is a good piece tho, havent heard anything about wearing out faster. if you get stock you will need another very very shortly tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts