SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey felllas,

started this thread just to see if anyone has any other advice as to what to check for this annoying clunking noise my 9-5 has.

This is what ive replaced within the last year.

Both balljoints
Both strut mounts
Pass control arm FRONT bushing. Rear looked okay. I did this bushing 2 days ago.
Both Endlinks with MOOG parts.

still have a quite obvious clunk noise when going over bumps/dips in the road.

The shock isnt leaking any fluid so i assume its good.
Checked the spring best i could without taking it off the car and didnt see any cracks/breaks. The car would sit lower if a spring failed anyway correct?

Tie rod boots ripped but I dont feel any major play plus i dont get any noises when turning unless im going over a bump at the same time.

The CV boots arent ripped and i dont hear a clicking noise ever which is usally a sign of a bad joint.

I tightened up all subframe bolts to i dont think they were even loose but i hit them with my impact none the less.

soo, Am i missing anything?

Im not sure what to check next.

thanks in advance.

FYI the sound is coming from the PASSANGER FRONT. I hear NO noises from the rear or driver front.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Moog greaseable endlinks? Mine and others have loosened up so I loctited them on.

If the noise is repeatable you can try having steering input at the time of noise and also apply brakes slightly over known road area.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moog greaseable endlinks? Mine and others have loosened up so I loctited them on.

If the noise is repeatable you can try having steering input at the time of noise and also apply brakes slightly over known road area.
will try this. also will check the endlinks again tmrw at work and see if theyll tighten up. worth a shot. i am not sure if they have grease fittings but ill check that too.

Wheel bearing?
hmmm checked for play and theres none. also dont have the wurring sound you usally get when a bearing is going. i can do 80mph going straight and have no sound until i hit a bump or dip.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Willing to bet that even though you tightened up the subframe bolts that your subframe bushings are bad and thats whats causing the clunking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts