SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced sway bar links because inspection station said it needed them (even though they were only one year old).

New links are Moog (the ones with grease fittings).

Drove up to the mountain for a ski, came back to town without issue until I pulled in to a car wash parking lot and suddenly noticed a "clunk/click" each time i turned the wheel past center in either direction.

Now I've got both wheels off the ground and the sway bar will move back and forth ~1.5 inches. I'm guessing this is bad, and is the reason for the clunk.

Can anyone tell me how I might remedy this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Did you torque the nuts down? I've heard of people installing the moog sway bar links and having problems with the nuts backing out. If that's the case all you have to do is through some blue loctite on there and that should fix it, if not try filling the joints all the way up with grease. Those are the only things it could be, or maybe one of the joints broke.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Breau.

I was just out there and noticed the nuts backed off. I torqued them to "hand spec" last time, and i think that was my problem. This time I used the proper wrench and the proper spec. Here goes the test drive...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, that seemed to do it. A word to the wise, the torque spec of 65 lb-ft is essential (if only as a minimum) for the Moog sway bar links.

The previous set I had installed were SCANTECH, and they included knurled nuts that would not back off. The Moog nuts are smooth...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts