SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just coming back from washington (Laurel) up 95 North, I wasn't driving too agressively but I was enjoying the sound from the custom exhaust, exit 50-something in downtown Baltimore before the tunnel goes from full 8 lane interstate to 4 lane off-ramp to 4 lane stop light boulevard in about 2 miles, so anyways I was doing like 60, i passed a TL and he caught me aggressively at the light.. so obviously she/he wants to race.

I stood on the brake and gave the gas pedal like 2,500 rpm just so the turbo would be at half boost, the light changed and I spun the tires, and just flew out on the TL, he was at full throttle and early 'cuz i could hear his engine, I just got him sooo hard to like 45 and I'm deep in second, once the turbo spins the torque is an early kilelr - then, however, the TL just pulled like mad and by the end of third gear I couldn't :roll: keep up - BUT - the guy and the people way in the rear view probably thought I let off so it seemed as if my car was much quicker!

I'm not saying the TL is slow but its quite heavy off the line. I appreciate the light weight! and if you give the turbo boost off the line You'll OWN any v6 non turbo sedans out there - and ohh yea, i drive a LINEAR!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Speaking of clowns...

Just for review: from the T&Cs

10. SaabCentral cannot condone the promotion of any illegal activities through these forums, any such posts will be locked or removed.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
barrylieberman said:
FYI, it is not illegal to drive 45 MPH
It is if the speed limit is 30, right? Obviously I don't know what the speed limit is where this took place but it certainly appears as though this qualifies as street racing. Plus, doesn't the 9-3 do more than 45mpg in 3rd?
titeness said:
i passed a TL and he caught me aggressively at the light.. so obviously she/he wants to race.
///
the light changed and I spun the tires, and just flew out on the TL, he was at full throttle and early 'cuz i could hear his engine, I just got him sooo hard to like 45 and I'm deep in second, once the turbo spins the torque is an early kilelr - then, however, the TL just pulled like mad and by the end of third gear I couldn't :roll: keep up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.