SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All!

I have a '97 900 convertible, we've been through a lot together, but this morning she bowled me a bit of a googlie: I popped the catches to get the roof down, and the Close Trunk Lid message popped up (first time ever!). I checked (it was closed) but still no joy and no roof movement.
I know you chaps know everything and I would really appreciate your help on this one! TIA!

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Mimmi: Is the Close Trunk message linked to the regular trunk switch rather than the convertible top switches?

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
OP: the trunk switch is right in the latch area. Open the trunk and look down at the latch. It's held in by two screws. Pull it out and disconnect the two terminals. Tape them so they don't short, tuck it back in, close the trunk, and see if that helps.

FYI - there was a factory TSB on th '97 in regards to that switch staying connected and leaving the light on. I forget if the solution was mechanical... I do recall that part of it was making the horn beep when the trunk was opened as apparently many of the problems were with people opening the trunk and not realizing it. I'll see if I can dig it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OP: the trunk switch is right in the latch area. Open the trunk and look down at the latch. It's held in by two screws. Pull it out and disconnect the two terminals. Tape them so they don't short, tuck it back in, close the trunk, and see if that helps.

FYI - there was a factory TSB on th '97 in regards to that switch staying connected and leaving the light on. I forget if the solution was mechanical... I do recall that part of it was making the horn beep when the trunk was opened as apparently many of the problems were with people opening the trunk and not realizing it. I'll see if I can dig it out.
Thank you... that would be most helpful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts