SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 900 and clock isnt working since I bought it 2 years ago. What should I start to check?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Oh there are some capacitors on the back that you need to replace and that should fix it. But you'll probably have to take the whole instrument cluster out to do it, and then the tacho/clock assembly out of that. IIRC there are two electrolytic caps and they are 47uF and 100uF. Both must be rated 16v or higher, but higher rated ones might not fit. I think I remember someone who got some 35v caps in there.

I mean check if it's getting power first, but if it's getting power, I bet it's the capacitors

Man it's been a long time since I've ever posted on this forum. Back in the day this was common knowledge!! Surprised nobody has chimed in.

Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
As mentioned, you have to take out the instrument cluster to check it. You can test the clock by applying 12v from an external power source, and listen to it do its tick-tack. If it works, the issue will be connector and/or the bluish circuitry that feeds the whole panel. It should be obvious once you remove the cluster.

I do have an extra clock from a Turbo cluster, and I share a country border with you. Let me know if you need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts