SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes, when I turn of the climate control by pressing the fan-down button until the display says "off", the next time I start my car the auto climate control turns back on and other times it stays off. Is there any explanation for this inconsistency?

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have had the same thing happen with climate control and radio volume. It seems like it corresponds to the length of time between when you turn the car off and restart it. This is pure speculation on my part.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not know whether the "2-hour rule" applies here or not, i.e., if I turn the climate control off and wait two hours before starting the car again...maybe then it turns on automatically???

Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It's in the manual.

And you're correct on the assumptions.

When you manually override an ACC setting (fan, air vent, AC-off), the system 'remembers' the override instructions for 2 hours. After that, it will revert back to the default 'Auto' mode.

I am unaware of any feature of the radio that is similar. However, the volume can/will be limited by the 'Max start up volume' setting on every start, regardless of the time from the previous start. You can tinker with this volume from the "settings" menu on the stereo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yea I have the same problem with my volume being really low when I get in the car. I thought I had the max starting volume setting already in there but it still doesn't work, I may have to tinker with it later and see what the problem is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not just talking about AC-Off, I'm talking about turning the entire climate control off, so that nothing is running. Sometimes when restarting the car, the AUTO will be engaged again, even though last time the whole system was off. Seems a bit odd to me.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior. The manual is not clear on whether turning the entire climate system off is classified as an "override" or whether there is in fact a "true" OFF feature.?????

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Can you actually turn the automatic climate control OFF? Or will it come back on after restarting the car anyway? If so, how long after the car has been off?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes, it reverts back to Auto in my case too after about 2 hours. I believe the only way to turn the ACC completely Off is from Profiler (SID Customize). In that case you will have to start de AC manually every time.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Mihai said:
I believe the only way to turn the ACC completely Off is from Profiler (SID Customize).
You can turn the air conditioning off in the Profiler, but you can not turn the automatic climate control off. The ACC will always turn back on after the car has been off for ~2 hours.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
sptsdn said:
You can turn the air conditioning off in the Profiler, but you can not turn the automatic climate control off. The ACC will always turn back on after the car has been off for ~2 hours.
Yes, that's exactly right. It's nice to have the compressor off at start-up - maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't see any need for it to get all that extra wear when I'm likely to not use it on most trips. It'll come back on when you hit the 'auto' button if you want it. You still need to put up with the fan going full speed at start-up on a hot day :roll: .

Only slightly off topic...
Here's another amazing ACC feature for trivia buffs. In profiler, you can set the ACC temperature control for dual or single zone. In single zone, when you adjust the temp using the drivers side button the passenger temp will adjust as well. OK, that's pretty neat, but not the surprising part, which is this: Even if it's set to single zone and a passenger adjusts his/her side, the two desynchronize again for the rest of your trip.

·
Registered
165 Posts
JMarkert said:
Only slightly off topic...
Here's another amazing ACC feature for trivia buffs. In profiler, you can set the ACC temperature control for dual or single zone. In single zone, when you adjust the temp using the drivers side button the passenger temp will adjust as well. OK, that's pretty neat, but not the surprising part, which is this: Even if it's set to single zone and a passenger adjusts his/her side, the two desynchronize again for the rest of your trip.
That's cool as hell, thanks for posting that. I'm flying solo more often than not, but when my wife is in the car her internal thermostat is a whole different animal than mine. :)

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Blue Charvel said:
That's cool as hell, thanks for posting that. I'm flying solo more often than not, but when my wife is in the car her internal thermostat is a whole different animal than mine. :)
Your welcome, sometimes I'm useful :D. It does make me wonder why they bother to have two settings in profiler. If you just had the single zone setting, it would work fine until/unless somebody sat in the passenger seat and adjusted their side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts