SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

My LCD on my climate control unit has broken. The backlight works fine, but the display is only showing the odd element and sometimes others appear, and at other times, elements disappear.

The controls all work fine; it just appears to be the LCD.

This appears to be a known problem on the climate control unit (Part number: 50-46-214) seeing as there are alot of units avaliable on ebay and alot of people moaning about it when I do a google search.

I don't want to shell out a load of money on it and I have taken the unit apart to see what the problem could possibly be. Is there known fix for this? I don't want to get a new unit to discover that it will break again in a few months' time.

Any help you can possibly offer will be greatly appreciated!
Regads,
Clive.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Welcome to Saab Central, Clive

There seems to be a problem with electronic equipment vs the environment and vs the economy...
One solution,IMO, is to force the manufacturers to design their stuff to be repairable rather than "throw-away"..
Even now, there may be cottage industries doing this... I know there is a company repairing engine control units on various cars...in our country...of course, I do not know their name..:nono;

DIY is the best way to save money, but there are limitations, real or imagined...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts