SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year there was a thread about clearglass and projectors for the 9-5. I'm still looking for clear glass lenses. Have anyone made a mold and started the "production" of the lenses yet?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Definitely remember someone claiming that they were working on a mold, but that thread has gone stale a while back. I myself would be quite interested as I'm running projectors behind the stock fluted lenses :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely remember someone claiming that they were working on a mold, but that thread has gone stale a while back. I myself would be quite interested as I'm running projectors behind the stock fluted lenses :(

What kind of projectors do you use? bixenon? I'm i doubt using bixenon or not, and what to do with the original high beam (projector there aswell). Can you send me som pics of your project?

I've asked some of the guys that have made molds for the 900/93 if they could make clear lenes for the 9-5. i'm waiting for replys...

·
Registered
726 Posts
What kind of projectors do you use? bixenon? I'm i doubt using bixenon or not, and what to do with the original high beam (projector there aswell). Can you send me som pics of your project?

I've asked some of the guys that have made molds for the 900/93 if they could make clear lenes for the 9-5. i'm waiting for replys...
Yep, bi-xenon retrofit from theretrofitsource.com. A tad pricey, but a thoroughly thought out kit. Swapped my Sylvania Ultrastar bulbs into the highbeams so with the full xenon + highbeam the setup is blinding.

Only real picture I have. Was pretty easy, just have to be careful not to mess up any of the ball-tabs when taking the reflector out of the housing to do the wiring.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
how about just sand/polish the flutes out?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, bi-xenon retrofit from theretrofitsource.com. A tad pricey, but a thoroughly thought out kit. Swapped my Sylvania Ultrastar bulbs into the highbeams so with the full xenon + highbeam the setup is blinding.

Only real picture I have. Was pretty easy, just have to be careful not to mess up any of the ball-tabs when taking the reflector out of the housing to do the wiring.

What kit did you go with from theretrofitsource ?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I'm thinking of just getting a 3inch sanding disc and sand just a hole in the center of the projectors. Will be much easier with a drill and won't be too fast as to overheat the glass...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
So I finally got around doing this... it's almost done... not as clear as I would have hoped yet... Did spend a few hours trying to find the best way to do it...

ended up buying those diamond discs for polishing granite on ebay... then Used a drill and a velcro pad.... few hours later... here are the results...
I think I need to get a few more pads with different grits in between...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
So I finally got around doing this... it's almost done... not as clear as I would have hoped yet... Did spend a few hours trying to find the best way to do it...

ended up buying those diamond discs for polishing granite on ebay... then Used a drill and a velcro pad.... few hours later... here are the results...
I think I need to get a few more pads with different grits in between...

Hope your not using those with the stock headlights because the light won't disburse right. They look good though must of taken awhile

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Retrofitting projectors of course... Lol... That's the whole point of clear lenses...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

I didn't want to mess with polishing the glass more... I just put a few coats of clear coats inside... Seems to have cleared them more... To make them perfect I would need to polish the clear coat... Which would be much easier than the glass.

There are also some scratches on the outside and I need to dremel the shrouds to fit them... I thought I'd try them on like that and see the results for now.

Gonna get some hid bulbs tomorrow and fit them onto the car... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry for bumping, but does anyone know if there's any news on the molds?

I'm pretty anxious to see the end results of your project, too, Felchi!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Sorry for bumping, but does anyone know if there's any news on the molds?

I'm pretty anxious to see the end results of your project, too, Felchi!
Sorry for the long delay. I finally decided to put them on today... Before the Winter!

I didn't put the shrouds yes.. Those need cutting to fit... We'll see how bad is the glare at night.... Somehow the 4300k bulbs I got in eBay look like 6000k :thumbdown: too blue for my taste.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
hm.. my HIDs keep flickering if I turn them on and off.... I tried putting one of those capacitors on ebay.... did not work!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts