SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any clear lenses out there for the 9-3, similiar to the '08 9-3?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Depends on what year you have. I do know that the new '08 clears will git my '06 albeit when you see the price you may change your mind.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I emailed about pricing and availablity of the 08 clear lenses, but they never responded to me. Someone here had posted the part numbers and prices and said they were found "online" but never said where.

Not sure what happened, but I tried to say above that I had email about the lights. I'm going to ask genuinesaab too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an '04, and was thinking of a non-Saab lenses such as APC. So long as it is good quality and looks sharp, won't bother me to have it come from an aftermarket maker. I wouldn't pay over, say... $125 per corner for clear lenses. It would look sick on my silver Linear

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Saability said:
It's an '04, and was thinking of a non-Saab lenses such as APC. So long as it is good quality and looks sharp, won't bother me to have it come from an aftermarket maker. I wouldn't pay over, say... $125 per corner for clear lenses. It would look sick on my silver Linear
Unfortunately, I think your only option if you want clear lenses is to go with the new '08 Saab ones, I have never seen any aftermarket lights, clear or otherwise, for the 93ss.
Judging by the amount of us on here, and other forums, there is a market for aftermarket SS parts, but obviously manufacturers don't think it is a big enough market to warrant the expense of producing such parts.
Steve.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bob Z. said:
Search the forum but I think they are about $400, a piece!
The one thread I saw yesterday had them listed at like $180 something, but they didn't say where they found the prices.

On a side note, is there a reason why it keeps editing my posts when I type the website's name?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Saability said:
Any clear lenses out there for the 9-3, similiar to the '08 9-3?
They do not exist unless you know someone that can custom fabricate them. I checked for them for about a year before the 08 lenses came out.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
sm0kescreen said:
The one thread I saw yesterday had them listed at like $180 something, but they didn't say where they found the prices.

On a side note, is there a reason why it keeps editing my posts when I type the website's name?
Is that site named after an Antlered animal?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The web site names for the antlered animal has the "ice-block" tails for the sport Combi.

They're set you back $900. Ouch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
sm0kescreen said:
I emailed about pricing and availablity of the 08 clear lenses, but they never responded to me. Someone here had posted the part numbers and prices and said they were found "online" but never said where.

Not sure what happened, but I tried to say above that I had email about the lights. I'm going to ask genuinesaab too.
The dealers are being no help on this issue. I have contacted several dealers with no responses. The online saab parts websites are usually more helpful and it is where I have obtained most of my info from on these parts. BTW, if you are looking to do clear tail lights retrofit Saab hasn't released some of the parts yet. Don't know why they haven't unless they want to prevent a run on the parts due to retrofitting. The hatch lights DR side w/ fog(#12770157) and the PSG side w/o fog (#12770158)so you can't get a complete set. The conv hatch lights w/o fog are availble but not sure if they fit the sedan. Also, for the quarter panel lights there is no listed difference between parts12775608/22775609 ans 12775610/12775611. By looking at VIN numbers 12775608/609 is the one I need for an Aero retrofit but nobody seems to know or been able to answer the difference between these sets of parts. I originally had resarched the latter part set. The guy just matched based on 08 Aero VIN what the parts would be. The Conv quarter panels are not available in US. So it apperas Saab has made it hard to retrofit at this point w/o some serious work of getting everything from Europe and paying a heft price.

Once the final part is released I have been quoted $425 for a complete set w/ shipping. Pretty reasonable I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts