1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Do you want one? :cheesy:

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
I've just never been bothered by the color of lights etc on a car. To me this is a rice mod, ie something easy to modify (like fuzzy dice, fancy wipers or rims or decals) instead of tearing into the engine after performance. That not withstanding, they do look good.

Also I think its a fad that will pass so keep your colored ones.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IronJoe said:
I toyed with doing this mod a few times... ended up going all red.

Wow, I like the red much better. This is officially my favorite classic 900 :cool: :D

Nice job :D

May I ask what bumper this is from? looks like a 9000 bumper :confused: No sections :confused: Is this custom or is it a special kit? And wheel arches on a 900????? :confused:

I know I'm a noob when it comes to the classic 900. I'm an NG guy but I'm toying with the idea of buying a classic vert. Now I'm tempted even more :cool:

Awsome work.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
jetman said:
I've just never been bothered by the color of lights etc on a car. To me this is a rice mod, ie something easy to modify (like fuzzy dice, fancy wipers or rims or decals) instead of tearing into the engine after performance. That not withstanding, they do look good.

Also I think its a fad that will pass so keep your colored ones.
<drinks toast>
With you on that, Brother JetMan.

·
Registered
467 Posts
jetman said:
keep your colored ones.
I don't know. I think it looks nice. Only on a vert and a black/dark grey one at that though.

Granted, engine work should come first either way though.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
hkayssi said:
Wow, I like the red much better. This is officially my favorite classic 900 :cool: :D

Nice job :D

May I ask what bumper this is from? looks like a 9000 bumper :confused: No sections :confused: Is this custom or is it a special kit? And wheel arches on a 900????? :confused:

I know I'm a noob when it comes to the classic 900. I'm an NG guy but I'm toying with the idea of buying a classic vert. Now I'm tempted even more :cool:

Awsome work.
Thanks for the comments. The bumper and wheel arches are part of what is known as the Airflow kit, or the Carlsson kit overseas. Included agressive one-piece wraparound front & rear bumpers and flared wheel arches in addition to the SPG panels on the sides.

Here's a pic of my car in SPG trim: http://www.saabcentral.com/phpgallery/albums/Life-as-a-Faux-SPG/PDRM0160.sized.jpg

And one with the airflow kit: http://www.saabcentral.com/phpgallery/albums/album75/DSC_0052.jpg

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Orca said:
IronJoe - You need a Euro plate to fill that decor panel ... tell you what, just mail it to me ;)
You know, the euro model has a totally different decor panel. This one fits US plates only... :D

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
IronJoe said:
You know, the euro model has a totally different decor panel. This one fits US plates only... :D
Blimey! You're not kidding - the UK one has a kind of shelf along the bottom edge. The US one would still fit a Euro plate better though :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts