SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
I had thought about vaccum forming but to get high pressure vac forming costs a bit ( not anywhere near as much as injection moulding ). What i though was to use something like moulding rubber and dip the whole indicator lens in this, build up the thickness. Then carefully cut out the lens and pour clear casting resin into the mould. Should work in theory but i dont know how strong the resin is when finished and if it would be free from air bubbles.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Right well, apparantly this swedish company still makes them, but they have reworked their site which is why that link no longer works

This link is their new page run through a translator

Apparantly its 775 Kr for a set, which works out at £59, not bad I guess...

What would be good is if there was a way to remove the orange pigment from a regular set, I've heard rumours putting them through the dishwasher will do that, but I tried it with mine and they just came out very clean!:p

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ah right they still do them, hmm plus postage and import might be a bit expensive for me at the moment though. ( got to do some work on the thing before i worry about fancy things :cheesy: )

·
Registered
356 Posts
I actually went to the trouble of spending my hard earn on the radicast ones. I have a Black Turbo so I think they look fantastic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
VikingSpirit said:
These seem to be quite popular on the US 99s
not just popular, they were standard fitted from M77 onwards in the US. Until and incl. M76 the older, lower cornerlights were completely amber.

nutcase said:
The lenses are clear, but a used set of clusters I bought has orange reflectors inside.
that is exactly what the Radicast remakes miss, the orange side reflector, which was the original way the US post-76 99's had the cornerlights. Instead the Radicast has a reflector surface in the place where the US light has a 'window' area behind which the reflector was put.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
There might be somebody posting piccys of the radicast ones shortly ;)

They are indeed fully clear - we're using orange bulbs in em for the indicators. A standard orange bulb with the 2 level pins will fit perfectly into the bulb holder that usually takes the dual filament bulbs with uneven pins.

They cost £57 per pair at the current exchange rate.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tomarse said:
There might be somebody posting piccys of the radicast ones shortly ;)
He couldn't possibly mean me? :lol:

The radicast units do seem well made and well worth the money in my opinion. Tom mentioned that he recieved a note with the order saying they were considering a making a version of the site in English.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts