SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get rid of that ugly amber and replace it with a clear lens? Anything to buy, its bugging me.
Heres a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Check out the picture thread. You'll see that a lot of people have either carbon fiber wrapped, bought e-code strips, or plasti-dipped their side markers. It makes everything look so much cleaner. My car was kind of dirty but believe me, when you dip the grill as well (like my picture), it makes it look awesome.

Try it for yourself. Plastidip is a spray on liquid rubber...if you don't like it you can peal it right off. As for the legality of it, I'm pretty sure it is...but do it and I can guarantee you won't go back. Just take out the bulbs if they work and tuck them in. Mine were burnt out so I just left them the way they were.

Also, take out the entire ecode strip to pop out the side marker, it is a lot easier than having to try to pry it out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out the picture thread. You'll see that a lot of people have either carbon fiber wrapped, bought e-code strips, or plasti-dipped their side markers. It makes everything look so much cleaner. My car was kind of dirty but believe me, when you dip the grill as well (like my picture), it makes it look awesome.

Try it for yourself. Plastidip is a spray on liquid rubber...if you don't like it you can peal it right off. As for the legality of it, I'm pretty sure it is...but do it and I can guarantee you won't go back. Just take out the bulbs if they work and tuck them in. Mine were burnt out so I just left them the way they were.

Also, take out the entire ecode strip to pop out the side marker, it is a lot easier than having to try to pry it out.
Yea i have used the plasti dip on my grill its not in my picture now, i was thinking of just spraying the lens on the car. Also i dont really know how to take off the bumper strips

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
take a butter knife or a flat head screwdriver and put a piece of tape on the end(so it won't scratch anything). Put it in the gap between the car bumper and the ecode and start to wiggle it. It takes absolutely no force at all, so don't worry about breaking anything. It will take you about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
No problem. The black side molding strips on mine are starting to fade so I figured I would dip those as well. It cleans everything up very nicely and is a very inexpensive fix. Have a look through the thread. This stuff can be used for quite a bit of things.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218218

Check the one picture of my saab (side view) in last page of the thread. That one looks the best and you can tell it looks a lot cleaner than the orange.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts