SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... My aero is fitted with a 3" stainless exhaust and has been so since it was new. Its been on there for 3 and half year now and the tailpipe has newer been cleaned. Now when the weather is hot, I thought that I might try to refurbish it.

My question is how to do it? Its really not good looking and its not just a matter of spraying som water on it and whiping it off. I imagine that it will invole quite some rubbing to get att the dirt/soot/crap off it. However, doing this will surely scratch it since the dirt includes sand.

Its not just a matter of polishing it, its getting all the dirt off without damaging it...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
If its cold then why not use a soapy solution? I do this with the end silencer which is visible then remove any tar spots with some petrol or cellulose thinners ;)

Top quality stainless will come up like new without scrubbing :p

·
Registered
134 Posts
After cleaning with a soapy solution, try 0000 steel wool. The fine guage steel wool will take of everything left behind that the soapy solution did not clean. Then try a good metal polish to really clean it up well. Never Dull wadding polish is a good choice, and mother's makes some good metal polishes as well. These items are readily available from local retailers.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts