SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a cream roof lining and it is dirty in some areas, especially where the audio tech touched the back pillers installing the new speakers...
Can anyone recommend a good spray cleaner that is also safe for the fabric.
Like a stain remover? I would rather not have a harsh chemical in there either.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I would think any fabric cleaner in a spray can would work.Foam might work best. I would not saturate it so it doesn't cause problems with the adhesive backing. Soft scrubbing, blot dry.

Leave the windows open to thoroughly let it dry.

This gives a method but no specific product recommendation other than car upholstery cleaner

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-clean-the-interior-roof-of-a-car

·
Registered
2,557 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I ended up using Whip It and it works very well on the roof lining.
I sprayed it on a microfiber cloth and wiped the scuffs off. ;ol;

·
Registered
163 Posts
Super clean diluted 10:1 cleans fabric very well. Use a microfiber towels and the pressure you can create with the towel wrapped around your fist to scrub. If you have a steam cleaner even better just don't heat the liner up too much or you will ruin the adhesive and it will say. Hope this helps. I use super clean on just about every interior surface. Leather, plastic, vinyl, fabric. I do mobile detailing professionally and it's my go to all purpose cleaner. Can't beat $9 a gallon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just used a cheap version of the oxiaction clothes cleaner with water in a squirty bottle and the soft brush off the end of my vacuum cleaner, did the cloth on the half leather seats at the same time looks new

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts