SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have Parchment Interior and kids, not exactly a match made in Heaven. I've found a number of products that do a good job on the leather seats but nothing so far that gets rid of the black shoe scuffs on the hard vinyl door panels and seat backs. Any suggestions for products and/or procedures? Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I use Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner, and it works well on the hard plastic and the painted surfaces. I can't comment on scratches.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Ditto to these questions. With my second parchment interior I've found it difficult to remove these scuff marks.

I recently bought some Meguires interior touch up or clean up wipes that do an ok job with lots of elbow grease...:p

·
Registered
759 Posts
Castrol SuperClean works great. Just water it down as directed on the bottle if you buy the concentrated version, and wear gloves when handling it...it ate some skin off my hands. Has worked great for cleaning automotive plastic and vinyl, even leather!.

Magic Eraser works well too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
jzirkel said:
Any suggestions for products and/or procedures?
Have your kids take their shoes off! Or maybe crack the whip on 'em. Only kidding! Magic Eraser ought to work on your parchment interior. Good Luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
sbl said:
I use Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner, and it works well on the hard plastic and the painted surfaces. I can't comment on scratches.
I'll ditto Griot's Interior cleaner. Used it on the white interior in our Jaguar and now on the Saab. Works very well on scruff marks. With the Jag (which we bought used and thus not as "clean" as I prefer ... ahem ... I used a soft brush along with the spray cleaner to really get the toughest marks off. Haven't had to resort to that with the Saab yet! :)

Cheers!!

Ken

·
Registered
50 Posts
Scuff Removal

I had dark scuffs and minor scratches on my parchment colour hard plastic areas. I couldnt remove them with any of the fluid products. Then I found that Chux Magic Eraser(thats the brand name in OZ - from Coles, Woolies) do an excellent job. Follow up with Meguires or quality protectant.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
omegajb said:
I've used Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and have had good luck.
I second the magic eraser - the nice thing about it is that you can use it with just water, so you aren't dribbling a soapy mess into your rugs and leaving soapy fingerprints all over.

·
Registered
72 Posts
maybe wrong but...

Hey maybe its just me but i use a dishwashing scouring pad and armorall. It works really well for cleaning and shining.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Missileman said:
I'll ditto Griot's Interior cleaner. Used it on the white interior in our Jaguar and now on the Saab. Works very well on scruff marks. With the Jag (which we bought used and thus not as "clean" as I prefer ... ahem ... I used a soft brush along with the spray cleaner to really get the toughest marks off. Haven't had to resort to that with the Saab yet! :)

Cheers!!

Ken

I agree, a friend recommended Griots to me and iw as a little skeptical. Someone had gotten grease on my headliner, took it right off, and then i immediately used it to get all the shoe scuffs out of my white door cards. Worked great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts