1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name:Cark, Carl Rominger

Means of contact: PM or email: [email protected]

Price: $150

Description: Inca wheels from my 85. They were installed by the dealer as an option when the car was new, as shown on the window sticker. Car/wheels have seen only 103,000 miles. Only 1 winter of use, and that was last winter, which can barely be called a "winter" here in New England. I would rate the condition as a 6 or 7 out of 10. To the best of my knowledge, they are 100% straight and true. They rode very nicely on my 85. They show NO curb rash, with just a few surface scratches in the paint here and there. The only thing close to "damage" I see on them is some corrosion where wheel weights were. A full set of center caps are included, and by my understanding, these are becoming pretty hard to come by.

They have Firestone Winterforce snow tires on them, 2 are good, 2 are junk. They all show a production date of week 12 of 2008, so by no means are they new, and the do show early signs of some cracking in the tread and sidewall, but very minimal. The 2 good tires have ALOT of tread left, and could probably get someone through a couple of winters. They are size 195/60/15. I could remove the tires, but the asking price would still be about the same.

Local pickup only! NO SHIPPING! I may be willing to meet someone around the greater Portsmouth, NH area or Lakes Region of NH area.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is my pricing out of line here or is there just not a market for these? I'd like to move them sooner than later... Don't be afraid to bounce REASONABLE offers off me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think your pricing is fine, but I guess the number of people on this board with a car that suits those wheels is small. I would try posting on saabrally.com, where you see more posts about 99s and 900s.

Personally, I would keep them as they are unique and look so good on early 900s, but I guess you don't like the appearance so much?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, posted on saabrally as well, thanks for the advice though!

I actually loved the look of them, but I just swapped my front hub setup and rear axle to 88+ stuff, so I'm now running 16" super aero's from a 98 CSE. They 16's look great, but I almost think the inca's suited the car better. However, having brakes that actually work, is worth sacrificing them!

I do agree that there may just not be many people out there that can actually fit these on their saab, haha.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I figured that. The travails of classic Saab ownership create choices. They'll probably sell eventually, so I hope you keep them safe until then :D

Should also note I regarded the find and purchase of your 85 Saab 900T with jealousy, though without warrant. I have no space or time for a second car! One day.

Yup, posted on saabrally as well, thanks for the advice though!

I actually loved the look of them, but I just swapped my front hub setup and rear axle to 88+ stuff, so I'm now running 16" super aero's from a 98 CSE. They 16's look great, but I almost think the inca's suited the car better. However, having brakes that actually work, is worth sacrificing them!

I do agree that there may just not be many people out there that can actually fit these on their saab, haha.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should also note I regarded the find and purchase of your 85 Saab 900T with jealousy, though without warrant. I have no space or time for a second car! One day.
Thanks David! The compliments I'm getting on the project really mean a lot. I just wish I had more time and $ to commit to it, but steady as she goes. Half the fun is the project of it, if it were all done at once, what fun would that be?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might as well just post them on Craigslist if you don't want to ship them.
I completely disagree. I purchased lots and lots of parts over the years locally that were originally sourced from various SAAB message boards.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pending sale

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
curiosity...got the lug nuts too?
I do, but I was going to include them in with the axles/hubs I'm giving to someone... the nuts are somewhat specific though iirc... they fit incas and I think shelbys, but maybe not many others?

If they need to go with the wheels I can easily include them.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Carl,

Good talking to you this evening. Still working out my schedule for the weekend. I was trying to give away a 900 for free but ran into a snag.

http://saabworld.net/f5/theepwoods-one-lap-america-25786/

Guy in Vermont can not afford insurance and registration. So I need to convince my Wife to drive the chase car. I was hoping to drop off the 900 in Vermont and then head your way to pick up the wheels in the 9000. Will figure it out tomorrow. Want to mess around with a 900 *v for a while then pay it forward?

Jeff Krebs
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds good Jeff, keep me posted.

I wish I had room for the 87, but we are at max capacity as is. I'd think you should be able to find someone out there that needs a beater and would love to bang around in the 87 for awhile.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
these wheels are SOLD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts