SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am offering up a rear axle relocation solution for the classic 900, which both addresses asthetic issue if a non-centered wheel in the wheelwell, and the rubbing issue found when running 16" wheels on a C900. caveat: your particular rubbing issue may not be 100% addressed with this kit, but it WILL help. (The below picture from Jon Williams gallery at nysoc.com).

The upper trailing arms are lengthened, while the front lower trailing arm pivots are machined to allow the entire axle to move forward.

$85 is the price, including shipping back to your door, for modifying the parts FROM YOUR CAR. I have spare parts that I can swap out on an exchange basis, where I have kit ready to ship, but will need yours before I can ship out mine. If you have Urethane bushings, etc and would like to keep YOUR parts, that is not an issue, just give me an extra day or two.

All parts will be cleaned, modified, and marked for proper reinstallation, while the upper trailing arms will be painted flat black.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictured are the aluminum blocks which will be delivered to you. Cleaned, machined, and stamped with "FRONT" for proper installation.

I have one kit assembled, and boxed for shipment. $85 to your door, but I will need your removed parts ASAP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you still making these kits?

I just installed some super aero rims on my SPG, and I'd really like to get those wheels centered. Are you still making these kits?

peace,
Rob

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am, Rob.

At the moment, I don't have a set of parts "in stock" that I can send you, so you'd have to pull your parts, send them to me, I'd mod them and send them back. Your car would be on jackstands for a week.

If that doesn't work, I can try to source some parts here, but it may take about as long.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My fault - I owe you a bunch of spares but things have been nuts. Might be able to get some dismounted next week if I can dig the cars out.

This mod rocks!! I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am, Rob.

At the moment, I don't have a set of parts "in stock" that I can send you, so you'd have to pull your parts, send them to me, I'd mod them and send them back. Your car would be on jackstands for a week.

If that doesn't work, I can try to source some parts here, but it may take about as long.
This is no problem;ol;, and thanks for the quick reply. I am going to visit my local junk yard, and then get those parts to you later in this month. Should I just send them to you with my name, do you take paypal, what's your address, etc...

peace,
Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hooray!

I received the modified trailing arms and mounting blocks; They look great!
I will be installing them very soon.
Thanks Tons,
Rob

·
Registered
183 Posts
axle relocation kit for c900

I hope this offer is still good.I sent you a PM,I am interested in one of these kits.Thanks.

Regards
Steve Sullivan

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I forget if Adam is still doing this or not, I think he is... but they are a great kit! Really helps if you have rubbing issues and definitely fixes the aesthetic by positioning the wheel correctly in the opening!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts