SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Looking at my options to renew the CIS system of my 1984 900 8i.

The fuel distributor should be a bosch 0 438 100 023 but there seems to be no source for reasonably priced units of this kind. However I have found a place where I can get a refurbished fuel ditributors at a very fair price. Only thing is they don't list Mr. 023. Insead they offer 0 438 100 005 which was installed on 99's in the mid-late 70's. Is there (a) valid reason(s) why 005 couldn't do 023's job?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Best, Seb

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
There were so many system variations that I doubt anyone could answer your question.
I've swapped fuel distributors and warm-up regulators before. My experience is that if all the fuel fittings are the same, you have a 50/50 chance of making it work. All my experience is on US models, with and without Lambda systems.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
send it to a licenced bosch remanufacturer. shouldn't cost more than any other 'rebuilt' fuel distributor and they will built your exact part back to factory specs so you don't have ot worry about compatibility

It's really quite incredible wht they do, they have access to new sleeves for the fuel distributor (where the piston rides), they renew the pintle springs and o ring seats in the fd and all sorts of stuff. when I had mine refurbed they did a really thorough job...

if you do the fuel dist, make sure the warm up reg is done too, otherwise crap from the WUR will end up in th FD anyway

good luck :)

alternatively just convert your 8v to trionic 5.5 like I did :) probs not worth the money in refurbing an obsolete system when you could spend it on a whole new engine management.

peace

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Also go to Bosch "parts for your car" in the auto parts section at the Bosch website. If a new number or rebuild number has been used for your original part it will tell you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.