SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled a used CIM from a junkyard car (no key). I have Tech 2 and I'm working on getting TIS200 set up. (Would greatly appreciate info leading to the crack as all links I've been finding are dead ends). Can I marry the salvage CIM (after divorcing the existing CIM), and get the salvage CIM to accept the existing keys from the divorced CIM? I understand that the existing ECU has the key info stored on it. Will the used CIM allow its code to be overwritten by the existing ECU? I'm new to all this, go easy.
Thanks for any guidance,
Bryan

·
Super Moderator
20,262 Posts
No. You need new keys. Or send off CIM to one of those people on ebay who can marry used keys. I think they just solder in a new RFID chip in your key.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Thanks. I was afraid of that. I have the two that work with the current CIM and I also have two brand new virgin keys that I bought to replace the beat up ones I have (all the buttons on the circuit board are gone). No way to get that to work out? I'm also concerned about the clockspring. I paid zero attention to its orientation during/after removal. Is there a way to assure that the orientation is correct before installation? I've heard that it's important.
Thanks again for the info.
Bryan

·
Super Moderator
20,262 Posts
Not sure on clockspring as I haven't taken one apart. You need 1 working and paired key to add new ones.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey, if you're tossing the old CIM, I could use the cruise control/turn signal stalk. Let me know via PM if you're interested with a price, if so.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
There are some clever folk who can read the relevant chip on the CIM and prepare a key however in this circumstance it would be cheaper to source another used CIM/key combo.
Existing key microswitches can easily be repaired with basic soldering skills and there are plenty of kits for sale on Ebay.
The clock spring is centred(connector at approx 1pm from memory) when the wheels are straight ahead........can easily be checked clockwise/anticlockwise for equivalent turns until resistance is felt.If the clock spring rotates more than 1.5 turns then its bust.
Also 9/10 any issues with the stalk controls are due to faulty switch packs inside the CIM itself.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Whats wrong with yours if you don't mind me asking?
Cruise control doesn't work –– Tech2 shows a B3598 code (Cruise Control Switch).

However it seems that my CIM is on its way out since I am also getting a U2105 (ECM missing on bus) and U2143 (steering angle sensor) DTC, too. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts