SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever chormed Saab 16 inch deep dish aero alloys?

Its just my Saab in the US has chromed wheels as standard and it grew on me,

They where the 15 inch standard alloys you get on the convertable, very nice too.

I am wondering if anybody has experiance or knows of anybody that has done this and what it looks like on the aero alloys?

I am looking to buy the 16 inch super deep dish alloys and when i do they will probably have to be refurbed and i would rather get them fully chromed, stand out a little from the other Saabs, maybe.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the problem, it could look terrible and its not cheap to chrome 4 big alloys, my photo shop does not have a chrome filter so i could mock some wheels up and see for myself.

Just wondering if any of the memebers have done this and if they had any pictures?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
chrome?

i thnk the chrome would be FAR too much on those wheels. id opt for i bright shiny silver powder coat. powder coating is so shiny, yet so STRONG. :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
but if he hates it then it was a total waste of money and perfectly good aero wheels. if you can find some way to photoshop some chrome on (is there a new version or package you can install for that?) and see how it looks in the picture. if you have the slightest doubt about that much chrome then dont do it.

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
It depends on what colour your car is.

Chrome on Black and ultra low suspension would look pretty-bling. But I don't think there would be much point if you have a different colour car.

If it's red, go for plain silver. If it's one of the other colours then standard grey with polished rim.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 900 black and its not lowered but i dont think the 16 need it to be honest.

There is a black chrome as well? i dont even have the 16 yet and when i do i know i will have to refurb them anyway, Chrome is a tuff surface and would protect them for ever if done well.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
black

im not aware of a black chrome. do you mean something that looks like a really dark shiny grey? thats what comes to mind for me. but honestly, i really dont like the idea of the wheels being the same color as the car. its utterly boring.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Black chrome is basically like a tinted mirror, its still very shinny but without the bling factor.

has anybody seen a matt Black 900?

I am thinking of the RobCop cars, the matt finish gives a weathered and beaten look, i saw a BMW 850 with a matt black paint job and it stood out alot!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
that was the FASTEST reply ever! hmm i get what you mean with the black chrome now. as for the matte. i honestly prefer being able to see myself in black paint :cheesy:

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats not bad at all:cheesy: i though it would look really tacky but i think its nice:D

All i have to do is find the super deep dish alloys now:eek:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
hmm

its not terrible. i have to admit. but not exactly my taste either. i can see chrome with really shiny paint. but that might be a bit too much shine. ha well its not my car and everyone has different ideas about how it should look. good luck! make sure you find a good chromer and check the wheels for nickel shadow when theyre done!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts