SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tboys reply to a thread in the workshop reminded me about something I have been meaning to ask.

The chrome strips around the bumpers, y'know?!?
Mine are BLACK?!!?!
Was this only done on black cars, or was it chaged to black in the later years? Or did the Previous Owner of my car have them painted?

·
Registered
302 Posts
CleveSaab said:
Mine are BLACK?!!?!
Was this only done on black cars, or was it chaged to black in the later years? Or did the Previous Owner of my car have them painted?
My '97 SET is black! And the trims are chrome?!?! :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
CleveSaab said:
Mine are BLACK?!!?! Was this only done on black cars, or was it chaged to black in the later years? Or did the Previous Owner of my car have them painted?
I am sort of lost on this (frequent feeling lately). Do you mean the part that is listed as a cheaper black strip on the '98 and the Talladega model, and expensive chrome strip on the rest? I was going to try the black strips when the salt finished eating the shiny one...

rear: 4248795, 4914834 (blk)
front: 4248753, 4914826 (blk)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
North American (and maybe others) Talladegas got black strips and all 1998 models got the black strips.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ted comes through! :cheesy:

PMI said:
I am sort of lost on this (frequent feeling lately). Do you mean the part that is listed as a cheaper black strip on the '98 and the Talladega model, and expensive chrome strip on the rest? I was going to try the black strips when the salt finished eating the shiny one...

rear: 4248795, 4914834 (blk)
front: 4248753, 4914826 (blk)
Yes those. Another option for those wanting to lose the chrome. Buy the 98/'Dega strip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts