SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I just wanted to share something as you have helped me with my vacuum problem.

For tired chrome bumper trims that have lost all there shine and luster you can replace them all at a very low cost.

I found a seller that am not related to in anyway!:cheesy:

Who is selling a self adhesive chrome strip in a 12 mm width.

The 12 mm is more like 10.5mm of chrome and then a 0.7mm black edge.

I replaced my chrome trim today and am very happy with the results.

makes the bumpers look bright eyed and smart, we all know how tired and sorry the bumpers look without those chrome inserts.

I am sure you can find something similar in your local car stores or hardware stores.

can anybody hoste my pictures?

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doopp!

Mines cost half the price but that one looks a little fatter, probably a better fit:roll: emmmm ok thats a better chrome trim, nice one Thor.

I wish i had asked now!

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
I bought some of thet chrome strip for my T16 - it's the same stuff that PFS sells, but I bought mine locally as PFS were out of stock.

It doesn't fit the trim recess on the bumpers too well. 2mm of difference doesn't sound much, but I did keep noticing it. It only took a couple of months before it discoloured and began to corrode.

Mark de Giorgio found a business who would make copies of the original 900 Carlsson decals. If that's possible, then surely there's a company out there who could cut exact-fitting replicas of the original strips, made from a similar material...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts