SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christmas in June for me, Came home from work to a lovely package. Opened her up and its my front mount intercooler. chea baby, finally came in. Set on taking the front bumper off, modding the horn bracket to accept my intercooler bracket I fabricated up of steel L beams. Mounted her up and removed stock intercooler hoses and went to work mocking up how I'm going to run my new piping. Since its after midnight I had to call it quits. Will finish later today after I get a few more parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, got her all mounted up and piped. Man what a pita that was trying to run the piping, darn AC lines got in the way on both sides....I swear I wanna rip it out cause I dont even use it.

Ended up using the stock piping on the cold side and on the hot side I used a J pipe and a 90 pipe which I ran right into the stock hose half way since I didn't have any room to run it otherwise ;oops:.
Proper way would have been to use a couple 45's and 65 degree couplings but didn't have any and didn't realize I would need them until after I started. When I get paid I'll order some and redo it, but for now lets pray she holds up ;ol;

First test run and she definitely spools up faster and pulls longer. Once it stops raining I'll recalibrate everything to see where she stands in terms of boost and what not. Tried it in the rain but tires just spun all the way through third gear.... ;oops: too excited really, haha.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's after midnight and I just came back inside. only stepped out to have a quick smoke and decided to have a look over the car. what did I see :eek: my bypass valve wasnt tightened down and popped off the delivery pipe. what amazes me is that the car didnt throw any codes when I took her for a spin. at any rate I tightened her up and double checked all connections before coming back inside.

So glad I had a quick look, not sure how bad it could have gotten but at this point I'm just glad I saw it to fix it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts