SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a similar situation with a guy named Chris Horton from Ohio. He was supposedly selling a "Forge Intercooler" off is Stage 5 9-3. Said he was parting his car out to sell it and purchase an Eagle Talon. I had no reason to doubt him since we all saw his 9-3 20T video.

Anyway, the IC was $300, but I was on the fence so he lowered it to $200 because his wife wanted it out of the house. I sent him the money, but used the "friends/family" option to save a couple bucks. My mistake. When I got the intercooler I had second thoughts and decided to flip it for $300 thinking I could make a hundred bucks. A on Ebay bought it but wanted me to prove it was Forge. I was kind of annoyed, but good on him because we found out it was not forge.

I then contact Chris and he told me his cousin had purchased it for him at an ETS tent at a show. I contacted ETS and they also said it was not one of theirs. I returned the Ebay buyer's money and requested Chris refund me my money because he had lied to me. Never heard back and Paypal could do nothing about it.

So, I figured $200 for an upgraded IC is not bad. It actually looked like the IC from do88.se which wouldn't have been bad. My mechanic and I spent some time on my car and looked to install it only to find out it would be more of a pain in the *** to try and mount because there were parts missing from it.

Now I have a lump of aluminum that is pretty much worthless, as I'm not going to go nuts trying to install it (a universal kit would have been easier!).

Stay away from Chris Horton. I heard he sold a Saab member a blow turbo. What the hell is wrong with these jerks?

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
Had a similar situation with a guy named Chris Horton from Ohio. He was supposedly selling a "Forge Intercooler" off is Stage 5 9-3. Said he was parting his car out to sell it and purchase an Eagle Talon. I had no reason to doubt him since we all saw his 9-3 20T video.

Anyway, the IC was $300, but I was on the fence so he lowered it to $200 because his wife wanted it out of the house. I sent him the money, but used the "friends/family" option to save a couple bucks. My mistake. When I got the intercooler I had second thoughts and decided to flip it for $300 thinking I could make a hundred bucks. A on Ebay bought it but wanted me to prove it was Forge. I was kind of annoyed, but good on him because we found out it was not forge.

I then contact Chris and he told me his cousin had purchased it for him at an ETS tent at a show. I contacted ETS and they also said it was not one of theirs. I returned the Ebay buyer's money and requested Chris refund me my money because he had lied to me. Never heard back and Paypal could do nothing about it.

So, I figured $200 for an upgraded IC is not bad. It actually looked like the IC from do88.se which wouldn't have been bad. My mechanic and I spent some time on my car and looked to install it only to find out it would be more of a pain in the *** to try and mount because there were parts missing from it.

Now I have a lump of aluminum that is pretty much worthless, as I'm not going to go nuts trying to install it (a universal kit would have been easier!).

Stay away from Chris Horton. I heard he sold a Saab member a blow turbo. What the hell is wrong with these jerks?
Okay, thank you for reporting it.

But rather than clutter up this particular thread about the 2 individuals who are the focus of it, why not start YOUR OWN thread in the sub-forum we created specifically for that purpose?

Never mind. I am creating a thread for your NEW TOPIC and moving this post there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts