SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some money fell into my cars project fund so I plan to do a Chinese turbo swap.

So this is my plan. I'm going to install a gt3076. Im going to custom build a down pipe.
And I'm going to custom tune it to the max of the stock fueling limits. Around a stage 4 because its an automatic.

There's a couple downpipe flange options 5 bolt, 2.5 v band. I'm thinking 5 bolt.

I'm trying to put a shopping list together. Let me know if I'm missing something.
Godspeed 3076
Manifold spacer (I was thinking about making one but the price isn't bad)
oil reducer
Braided ss line
Downpipe flange
Turbo screen
O2 bung
Exhaust bends
2.5 inch hot side intercooler couplers

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Please let me know how this turns out, I want to put a bigger turbo on my car and was thinking something like this or 19t tdo4, or big t28/t25, but not much has been done like this on the autos and I want to see whAt r limits are!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re

I think youill have a majer problem with standard fuel maping as the 3076 will be pumping a whole lot more air into the engine and will create a lean condition and engine failure.Thats why everyone me included has also gotten at least 60lb. inj. and a 255 fuel pump ,along with a remap.I could be wrong mabe it can be done ,but more air without more fuel,doesnt sound right to me. Sorry as usual I didnt read your post clearly and missed the custum tune part,IT may well work that way but you might want to invest in a fuel-air ratio gauge so you can keep a close eye on the lean condition possibility.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Why not a gt2860/2871 china charger? Would be pretty much "bolt on" except for the downpipe, probably a lot more streetable when done. I think you're going to be laggy when you're off boost with the 3076. I'd recommend getting ahold of "grkguy89", pretty sure he's running a gt3076 on his car (or has)

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'd have another think about strapping a big 3076 on there mate! I don't think the auto box will take it....these can give 400+ bhp & 400+ft/lbs torque relatively easily (and much more with a tubular/ lairy cams etc)

I'd be happy to be proven wrong here as I'd like to see it done....kick down would feel awesome!!! ;ol; But I think even a 19t/gt28 sized turbo will be too much :confused: .....they're pretty savage even for the stronger manual boxes ;)

I'm sure someone back here in the UK has an auto stage 4 9k aero but uses the shifter to change gear instead of letting the box do the work?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I'd follow N.E.Swede's advice. *IF* you go the route of the 3076, avoid the ones with a large .86 A/R exhaust as the car will be a lag fest with an auto and stock torque converter and the car will probably be slower until your at stupid highway speeds. Try and find a .63 A/R exhaust (or smaller if possible). Seek out a higher stall to get in the revs quicker and make it actually move. Get the trans built to handle the power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts