SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those living in Chicago - which dealer do you go and what has been your experience. Also, list how much they charge for an oil change, if they have a free loaner, etc. If you have a service advisor that you would reccomend - that would be great.
I will start.

Flikkimma SAAB of NW Indiana (www.thesaabstory.com)
Brand new SAAB only dealer (second location is in Lancing, IL - been there since 1960).
Impressions:
-Not very busy, you can always get in.
-Online service appointments
-They actually reply to email
-Quality of work is good, they are willing to go extra mile for their customers in researching issues.
-No free loaners
-Oil change is $80
-Tire rotation is $20
-Tech2 changes are NOT free.
Advisor: Dan Bane, very helpfull.

Perillo Saab/Mercury (www.perillosaab.com) - Chicago, IL
- Free Tech2 changes
- Oil change was posted on the board for $40 - never took it there for that, but sounds good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've always gone to Perillo. Not that it's good, but because of its location to myself. Their service dept. is pretty good at responding (I've only communicated with them on the phone), quality of work though, isn't great (various little problems required 2nd visits). Sales dept. is pretty snobby compare to all the dealerships I've been to (not just Saab ones). Had it not for the Employee Discount program, I wouldn't have bought my car there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I purchased and service my Saab at the Exchange in Lake Bluff. Outstanding service from both this location and their Morton Grove location. Free loaner if you call in advance.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
needashower said:
I purchased and service my Saab at the Exchange in Lake Bluff. Outstanding service from both this location and their Morton Grove location. Free loaner if you call in advance.
How are their prices? What about squeeks and rattles?

·
Registered
231 Posts
schernov said:
How are their prices? What about squeeks and rattles?
Um, I don't know about their prices as my car has been under the free maintenance program. I would imagine most saab labor is priced about the same wherever you go.

Not sure what you mean, squeeks and rattles?? If you are asking me if the dealer has fixed any squeeks and rattles for me, the answer is no. I fixed a minor rattle in the door myself by applying silicone to the frame based on information on this board.

·
Registered
462 Posts
schernov said:
- Oil change was posted on the board for $40 - never took it there for that, but sounds good.
Be careful with posted oil change signs... Sometimes it's for all Saabs but the 9-3, meaning it's not full synthetic.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
The Saab Exchange--Lake Bluff and Morton Grove.

Both are very good, LB being a little better. They have a couple very experienced techs, Andy and George.

Pricing is quite high--$122 an hour. Posted services aren't as bad. Oil change $65, with coupon $40.

Always very easy to get serviced, often without appt. on same day! Free loaners for warranty and oow if scheduled at least 4 or 5 days ahead of time.

Flikema--Lansing.

Stopped there just once to have oil topped off. Extremely courteous and a cute female service advisor! Very small dealership.

I only live about 10 from Perillo so might try them next time it's just that their facility is crappy compared to all the other Chicago area dealers.
The shop foreman at the Saab Exchange came from Perillo and said all their techs are very good and I should give them a try...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Perillo -

Simply no good. I took my car there twice for the same problems, they never came close to fixing them - and quite frankly, I don' think they even really cared. They also left my car outside under a tree and it was completely covered with sap. The delaership is old and cramped and looks like a 1950's service station.

Saab Exchange of MG - Beautiful stand alone dealership. Tom is is great. They have always been courteous and always can get my car in within a few days - last time got a 2005 9-5 loander with 150 miles on it! They have failed twice however, to fix my OnStar problems and my speaker buzzing. I just don't se why the speaker buzzing is that difficult to fix!

I live ten mins from Perillo and still go to MG for service. Most other Saabistas I know here in the city do the same. Common for most city dwellers to avoid Perillo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts