SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Followed procedure at 9-3SS ' How to ...' Section
and got nothing.

I have one key, dealer lost second key and retained locksmith to make another. Locksmith says PIN code "not available", and will need to 'dig around'.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
See if you can go to like a GM dealer or parts place and they can dig for that code. They would probably need a VIN or even registration in some cases.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I see you're in the Boston area. Go to Charles River Saab (in the Boston Volvo dealership) 75A North Beacon St., Allston, MA 617-560-1710. Ask to speak with Mike Ohannesian ([email protected]). He'll take care of you. You need the registration showing the VIN and your key. It will cost you around $60 to program and cut metal key plus the cost of a new key - around $60, so $120-ish.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
No*, but I did to be sure the metal key and fob worked before I drove home - I live an hour away.

Give him a call first - he'll give you the correct information. He's a good guy.

*see my post #7 below.

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
If you have an NG9-3 (2003+, 2004 for convertible), you need the new key, the car, and a Tech II with security access. A Saab shop will have all of those.

Even the OG9-3 required you to have the car, keys, and a Tech II, although in that case you didn't need security access, and those keys didn't care to how many cars they were programmed.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Charles River Saab is a Saab shop - think they are (were) the oldest Saab dealer in the US. I had a new key made for my '09 9-3 about 6 months ago. Handed Mike my old key, a new key that I bought from a local Saab tech*, and my registration and had a new key cut in 5 mins.

pguder - *Edit - I brought a genuine Saab key that I bought from a local Saab mechanic - think he programmed it with his Tech II before I went to Charles River - so be sure to call Mike O. first.

Mike Ohannesian works as Parts Manager but he handles keys.

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
No worries.Sometimes it's the small detail that's missed,been there done that..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts