Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted my calipers on Saturday with the G2 red epoxy caliper paint kit. :cool:

·
Registered
485 Posts
nice job:cheesy:
they look awesome.i am planning to paint my calipers also....but i might not go for the classic red color........i think i am gonna choose a black or carbon one

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
monsaab said:
Looks like a pro job.
I like the clean look of a painted caliber.
Thanks, I completely disassembled the calipers for painting. Much easier than masking them off with tape! :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
They really look great! I have the same wheel and color(Titan Gray?) combination. Now I might have to do this in all that FREE time I have.:D

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I too have the same wheel/paint combo. are your wheels 17s? they look kinda small. nice job, they look great!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm sorry but red painted calipers on a Saab is ridiculous, it belongs to true sports cars like Porsche, anything else is pure rice.

Extra points taken off for doing it to a stationwagon, errr... Sportcombi. Do your kids have 5-point harnesses and racing helmets?

If you're going to paint them without looking like a poser, do it in metallic silver.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Do not flame. It doesnt look bad at all, but I will agree with colour. I would have painted it a silver / black But thats me. Im not a fan of bright colours (red yellow blue)

But it still looks good :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MarkJ said:
Do your kids have 5-point harnesses and racing helmets?
Yes....Yes they do. :cool:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm not flaming, I'm just trying to keep the rice out of Saab.

Here's the proper paint for calipers:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
No, I'd choose Red. Otherwise, people don't notice that they're painted!

It's kind of like my Euro front plate that says "Turbo".

Actually, Nocturne Blue wouldn't look bad on calipers. Hmmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's the point of painting them if they just look new (silver) vs painted? Looks like a lot of work for nothing.

I don't think painted calipers are rice at all....now coffee can mufflers, NOS, and big trunk wings, that's rice. Remember, Porsche was painting calipers long before Subaru.

I picked red b/c I think red goes very well with the Titan Grey. If I had a different body color, I probably would not have gone red.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ebay. Search for G2 Caliper paint kit. Comes in several colors. $37+Free Shipping for the kit.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
MarkJ said:
I'm sorry but red painted calipers on a Saab is ridiculous, it belongs to true sports cars like Porsche, anything else is pure rice.

Extra points taken off for doing it to a stationwagon, errr... Sportcombi. Do your kids have 5-point harnesses and racing helmets?

If you're going to paint them without looking like a poser, do it in metallic silver.
Nah, red calipers on Saabs are way cool :cool:

·
Registered
335 Posts
MarkJ said:

So what makes silver the "proper paint"?:roll: I have mine painted red too, and I think that it is the "proper paint" because you can actually see that I did something to it, and at the same time it doesn't scream look at me. In fact I think it looks sporty, like a sport sedan should.

Ok I'm done venting!:lol:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, I will now take my position as the President of the Red Caliper Club.

·
Registered
485 Posts
there is no point arguing about the color......each one of u has a different taste in style......not only about a car exterior.......

as far as i am concerned the red caliper gives a more sporty look.......and i think that if someone wants to match the aggressiveness of a red color caliper with a 93 he must first look to mod other parts of the car.........because a stock 93 is not that aggro just to setup a red caliper.........unless the car comes at red body colour.

for me a 93 with a not very aggro look must get black or dark blue calipers with shiny white Saab logo on it.
think about it:cheesy:

·
Registered
562 Posts
MarkJ said:

MarkJ said:

Red-painted calipers belong to true sports cars, and cross-drilled rotors don't? :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts