SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been getting a strange Check Oil Level message on my SID in my Aero the last few days. I'm used to getting strange messages everything once in a while that end up going away but this one concerns me. My oil level is fine and has been changed in the last 3.5k miles. What's going on? Oil level sensor of some sort?

·
Super Moderator
9,653 Posts
yep,oil level sensor in the sump,might just be a dirty or slightly corroded terminal..

unplug & reconnect,see if that does the trick,accessed from the front of the car.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Does it only happen on long drives? Common problem on the 2.8T. There are threads around somewhere about it. Saab was aware of the issue, but there really wasn't a fix for it. Something about a vortex being created in the oil pan on long drives, which lead to the sensor thinking the oil level is lower than it really is.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I had a thread on tht... was changed under warrantee... nothing wrong with oil... jsut a bad sensort

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd get it on long drives with cruise control on. If I varied speed it wouldn't show up. Sensor was replaced once, second time they cleaned the terminal. Hasn't come back since the terminal was cleaned.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine on a short drive. Can anyone send me a link for the part? I'm working late tonight and won't get the chance to look.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Had the same thing come up on the way home today. Usually comes up during a long trip. Despite me checking the oil every time and it being fine, it still freaks me out.

This time it happened between work and home, had been traveling for 30km @ a sustained 120kph on cruise, the abnormality this time was that there is a very big storm here right now and there were big crosswinds moving the car around a little. I'm guessing the sudden movements caused the sensor to read low oil.

From memory, the last few times it happened also happened while cruising at similar speeds when the road was bumpy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts