SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok been working on trying to gett my vert top to work on my 98 900se turbo the Sid I guess that's what it's called would not say anything till today other than check your tail lights but today it finally said check latches when I hit the convertable switch can anyone point me in a direction from this

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Probably the right direction is to find a trained tech wih the tool and software. and he could identify the offending latches in a few minutes. The system has a few latches, and microswitches to inform the control unit whether they are latched or not. The top of the windshield has two latches for the first bow. The fifth bow has latches that hold it down tightly to the tonneau. And the tonneau has latches that hold ii down to the body. I would check the tonneau latches. In the 'trunk', right side, if you remove the covering trim, you can see the tonneau drive and part of the latching system. The two cables that are on the forward part are the cables that latch the tonneau when the mechanism pulls them down. If you can move that arm that the cables are attached to upwards,(slackening the cables) then the tonneau latches are not latched. If someone has pulled the red handle of doom, but hasn't reset the system, then the tonneau latches will be not latched and the tonneau drive motor will be disengaged, even after the red handle has been raised back to its position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts