SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I have a 900 , 1996. after my last visit to the garage, the check engine light is going on and off several times every day. I checked the engine with the thec 2 instrument that confirmed that the engine is working perfect. It annoys me, what should I do?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
hello I have a 900 , 1996. after my last visit to the garage, the check engine light is going on and off several times every day. I checked the engine with the thec 2 instrument that confirmed that the engine is working perfect. It annoys me, what should I do?
This is the first I have seen this one..
The CEL being on has little to nothing to do with the quality of running from the engine.
The CEL is emissions based. The code, having the exact code will help.
Then, all the maintenance work has to be up to date...
Also, all the details are helpful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you earthworm. the tach2 didn't show any problem. the technician shut down the cel but it is coming on here and than. now for the two last days it is on,

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
It might help if you tell us what work was done at the garage. It's stimulus and response. The car wasn't making CELs, you took it to the garage, now it's making CELs. If they changed O2 sensors, they probably put in an aftermarket sensor and maybe messed up the wiring. Just a guess though... Ron

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the work that was made was a rutine 10k chekcup filters and oils and plugs had been changed' thats all. no other problems had been diagnosed.
beafore sometimes the cel was on but it was wery rare. now days it is almost all the time on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts