SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my O2 sensor bung is stripped.
I got a new O2 sensor but haven't got it in yet.
Just went out to my car to see if my check engine light came out when i turn the key to "run".
btw my O2 sensor is out of the bung.
it didn't, the light just went off.
I can smell the engine running rich, so i believe Trionic is working properly, plus my old one had a short so i got it replaced with a used one at the dealer.
Anyone know why the check engine light doesn't flash 6 times?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
My '94 cs turbo has been running with the 6 flash CEL for more than two years. Actually it came with one when I bought it. Six flashes mean oxygen sensor. Sure enough, when we brought it to inspections the first time around, it failed miserably with high NOx. A new oxygen sensor took care of that.

But I never brought it to have the CEL reset.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Does anyone know what 5 flashes means? I have a 95 9000 CSE turbo. The CEL was flashing 5 times all yesterday. Today its cleared.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
5 flashes mean something is amiss with the throttle position sensor. Beyond this I have absolutely no idea how could it be wrong.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
I recall seeing a long time ago (in a place far, far away ....) a lookup table for the CEL flashes and the corresponding messages. Anyone know where one can find this ?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The table is in my SAAB 9k electrical diagnostic shop manual at home. It is neither far nor in the past but beyond my reach as of now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts