SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have a 2003 9-3 linear launch with an automatic 27000 miles.
Its 90 in boston today and I go out and start her up after work. The check engine light came on but nothing on the Sid. Gas cap was tight, all perfomance was normal, all gauges were normal.

I know this has to have happened before here but the search feature wasn't working correctly and I dug through 17 pages of posts.
So can any shed some light on this. I have already called the dealership for an appt?
thanks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
ninjaroo said:
ok so I have a 2003 9-3 linear launch with an automatic 27000 miles.
Its 90 in boston today and I go out and start her up after work. The check engine light came on but nothing on the Sid. Gas cap was tight, all perfomance was normal, all gauges were normal.

I know this has to have happened before here but the search feature wasn't working correctly and I dug through 17 pages of posts.
So can any shed some light on this. I have already called the dealership for an appt?
thanks
Go to Autozone and have a code pulled for free...

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Any stumbling or rough running? If so, perhaps bad fuel. I just had this happen last week. Put in cheapo Shamrock fuel and took 5 times to start in the morning.
Last summer same thing but CEL came on and is "hard code" if there is a misfire and hard codes have to be reset by the dealer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did use a new gas station but it was a Hess station that i put 89 octane in in friday and drove to maine and back with no problems

the light just came on and stayed on after work on monday

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
A CEL can mean anything. It's basically an idiot light with a fancy name.

You need to know why it's on. If Autozone can pull a code, that's where I would go. I thought you needed a CAN-scan tool for the new 93 to pull codes. That's not a widely implemented system, so it would surprise me if Autozone had a tool for that. If so, let us know.

High ambient temperature may be provoking your problem. Using 89 in a Linear shouldn't throw a code, unless the fuel blend is way off (unlikely). There's just so many things that can cause a CEL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts