SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent been on for so long forgot how to get this but finally got it;oops:

Anyhow my fellow saab drivers, a problem my engine check light came on when i was driving on the motorway at 70mph. i got in a state of panic :lol: pull over and flew the bonnet "but could see nothing wrong" got back in the car Engine light had gone out, but strangely my tempreatuer gauge had been not in the center but at the quarter mark then went up to normal when i had pulled over for 5 mins could it be that the frost fog and mist made then engine to cold along with my anti freeze!! not sure but lite has come on once more but not since and i have been driving around town and no bing bongs.

Can anyone advise ?

silver-surfer

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am unsure if this will fully answer your question, but I have had a similar situation. My temp guage will not read when there is high moisture content in the air and my check engine light comes on. I have the pre-owned warranty and so my repairs are free; however, from what I have been told (though this may be untrue) there is a small sensor at the front of the car the measures air-temp outside for the SID and it is connected to the temp guage that may be interfering.

Again, I am not as familiar with these cars as others, but I hope this has helped. If you have found different please let me know.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
TTBOMK(to the best of my knowledge) the SID displayed temperature is independent of the engines ECU and the temperature controls - this is true for the older Saabs..

It seems to me as if the thermostat is sticking and jerking, rather than operating smoothly. This is a service item - good for 3 or more years..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
words of wisdom

well yet again the saab central forum has given me insight, thanks for the reply Earthworm i have followed up and researched the forums and belive you are right in saying its the thermostat so i will be replacing that asap.

abit late but Happy CHRISTMAS to all

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
While the thermostat seems like a possibility, why not get the code read so that you know what the engine is trying to tell you? It knows what's wrong and is just waiting with baited breath to tell you. I would have the code pulled before I started assuming and part swapping. Sure would hate to dig in to the engine when I had a loose gas cap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
saab information is very good on here

Silver-Surfer said:
well yet again the saab central forum has given me insight, thanks for the reply Earthworm i have followed up and researched the forums and belive you are right in saying its the thermostat so i will be replacing that asap.

:cheesy: well a big thanks to earth worm seems to kno what hes talking about!! finally changed the thermostat 2weeks ago and been on the motorways and no engine check lite car performing well as can be so problem solved.
Only thing i thinik about is ther a error code what need to be reset at all. also i have gained more expereince in draining RAD with pipe so no more mess.

this site is so helpful keep it up my fellow saab drivers:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts