SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI again everyone..today i started my car and found the check engine light waiting for me..it's beeing a long while i've gotten one of those..I went to autozone to have them check out what it was and found this it was this. I find that the engine hesitates at startup especially now that it's go its actually more like a brief hickup. I looked up the code and found this.. Is this common I just chaged my sparkplugs about 2 months ago.
http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/generic/p0300-random-multiple-cylinder-misfire-detected.php

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Sounds like the DIC then

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm i was reading about the recall that..and it would seem that if anything it maybe possible for me to have saab check to see if i am able to get mines changed i am npot sure I will give gthem a call tomorrow see what happens.wish me luck lol.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
Hmm i was reading about the recall that..and it would seem that if anything it maybe possible for me to have saab check to see if i am able to get mines changed i am npot sure I will give gthem a call tomorrow see what happens.wish me luck lol.
You should be good since the recall is for 2000-2002 cars. When mine eats it I have to fork out $230 since my 99 is not covered even though it takes the same sodding DIC :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
valbowski1980 said:
You should be good since the recall is for 2000-2002 cars.
According to page 9 of this document, http://www.aux.umass.edu/peter/saab/IDMRecall.pdf, there is a range of IDM serial numbers that are subject to the recall. Presumably, the dealers tell the rest of us to go fly a kite. Has anyone had their IDM replaced under recall even when its serial number was out of range?

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
fathom39 said:
According to page 9 of this document, http://www.aux.umass.edu/peter/saab/IDMRecall.pdf, there is a range of IDM serial numbers that are subject to the recall. Presumably, the dealers tell the rest of us to go fly a kite. Has anyone had their IDM replaced under recall even when its serial number was out of range?
My CEL flashed a few months back. I cleared it and haven't seen it since but I did call the dealer to see if my 1999 was covered.... and was told to go fly a kite :confused:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
valbowski1980 said:
My CEL flashed a few months back. I cleared it and haven't seen it since but I did call the dealer to see if my 1999 was covered.... and was told to go fly a kite :confused:
When u say go fly a kite you actually just mean "no" right?

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
When u say go fly a kite you actually just mean "no" right?
Yup :confused:

It would have been nice to get a free DIC out of it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wait a sec.... i know this is off topic, you went to autozone so they could see why your check engine light was on? Are you serious? I went to the dealer and they charged me 75 bucks just to see why it was on. Man, i should have checked here earlier hah.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Knifemundo said:
Wait a sec.... i know this is off topic, you went to autozone so they could see why your check engine light was on? Are you serious? I went to the dealer and they charged me 75 bucks just to see why it was on. Man, i should have checked here earlier hah.
Why do you think we refer to them as the stealership!

You can actually buy a ODB reader for about that much :/ (Though it will just give you the code, not the actually fault but that is why computer people developed the internet!)

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
AdrianB said:
Why do you think we refer to them as the stealership!

You can actually buy a ODB reader for about that much :/ (Though it will just give you the code, not the actually fault but that is why computer people developed the internet!)
The reader from my local autozone will give you the actual fault.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup that sucks man 75 buck is a lot..but the peeps at autozone do it for free lol.. ohh and since i cleared the check engine light...it hasnt come back on since..but I am still going to have it check out just incase..dont want any future problems.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i was getting the check engine light, mine was a cylinder 3 misfire, i switched DIC's and then it was a cylinder 4 misfire, i replaced the dic and no more check engine, mine is a 2000 9-5, it's not covered, but alot cheaper than having the dealer diagnose.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
YOu just changed the plugs did you use the apporpriate NGK only plugs?

Did you eat the DI with Dielectirc grease on the plugs?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I use the appropriate plugs but I didnt gap them right so that might be the problem. But I dont remember using the grease though.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
They are usually pre-gapped so that shouldn't be an issue. And the di-electric grease isn't necessary, it's just an added help to keep the seals on the DI in good condition.

x2. Don't go to the dealer to pull codes. Autozone does it for free, and my independent Saab master mechanic also does it for no charge. Finding a good mechanic helps inifinitely much......he's fixed things on my car I didn't even know were wearing or broken, and he doesn't usually charge for these extra fixes either! Really a life saver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts