1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car:
2001 9-3, 2.0 liter

Miles, 120,000 roughly

the leak: I've been told it could possibly be the catalytic converter? It is on the drivers front side... about 1 foot to the right of the wheel as a rough estimate? I know this is vague but I figure it might help to ask here before taking it in elsewhere. Been noticing it on the pavement at work.. but nothing alarming is coming up on my SID..

Check Engine Light: Been on for about a couple months? Came on after new tires, brakes, SID, and exhaust so I've possibly been a little behind on paying attention to this but now that I need my car to drive about the country i'd like it to be reliable :)

Stalling: This only happened about 3 times one day (hot day). It was when I found myself at a stop sign that the car would quickly and quietly stall out. It turned back on quickly but with the last start up it was a tiny bit hesitant. not sure if this is related to the check engine light or the leak... it was only on the hot 86* day though.

I also am told on my SID that there is a rear light failure... checked every connection and light to no resolution, any advice ? :)

thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Pull the codes to find out what the check engine light is for. That will probably tell you about the stalling too.

Try a bit of fine sandpaper or steel wool to clean the connections on your lights, both the sockets and the bulbs.

I hate exhaust leaks. ;)

·
Registered
19,055 Posts
Do you have a water leak or an exhaust leak? If it's water, it's probably the condensation from the A/C. Next time you see it, put a white piece of paper in it and see if it's clear or some other color. Also check to see if you are loosing coolant from the tank.

As the Shark noted, pull the codes. Otherwise you're shooting in the dark. A place like Autozone will read them for you. Post them when you get them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k so the code ended up being p1110 - ( Turbo Bypass Valve )

i ordered a replacement valve after looking mine over and discovering that i could blow air into it which is a sure sign that it is broken.

although genuinesaab.com seems to be out of stock which is disappointing :(

as for the leak, it might of been that my oil screw was a little loose since i changed my oil recently and found that it was a little loose.. lol;oops:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you ron! actually ended up ordering from eeuroparts.com as i usually do :)

haven;t been on top of anything too well otherwise i would of done this sooner but i am glad to know a new website for parts :) :) :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pull the codes to find out what the check engine light is for. That will probably tell you about the stalling too.

Try a bit of fine sandpaper or steel wool to clean the connections on your lights, both the sockets and the bulbs.

I hate exhaust leaks. ;)
i'll need to try the sand paper! at the moment now that my check engine light has been fixed, the rear light issue is the only problem on my SID :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts