SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light has been on for a while. I took it to the dealer, and they said that there was nothing wrong with the car. The light was going on and and off then. Now it stays on all the time. I had been ignoring the problem, seeing that the dealership seemed to think that was ok. But now I have to fix it to pass California smog.

The Smog VIR lists the error as: P0113 iat ckt "high input." I am thinking that this might be the temperature sensor, but I am not sure. I am hoping that someone has encountered a similar problem. I tried a search to no avail. :(

Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
And another dealer strikes out - right in CleveSaabs home turf.

Nick : The Smog VIR lists the error as: P0113 iat ckt "high input."
A translation is needed

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Well, there is a Cleveland, Tennesee EW. :cheesy:
If Cle, OH, I would love to know which dealer told you there was no problem.

You talking about E-Check? Never heard anyone call it Cali Smog.
Translation:
P0113. Intake air temperature sensor circuit high input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I should have said that I moved from Cleveland to Oakland. I can't blame this one on Shaker Saab.

Smog is like E-check, but they do a very comprehensive check of the car. It passed for emmissions - all that really matters, right? - but they won't print the certificate b/c of the engine error.

I have no idea what that error code means. I believe that is the error that the sensor produced.

I am not sure what to do, b/c I can't exactly take it back to the dealer.

The car works perfectly fine. The engine sounds as it should, performs as it should. But I do need to fix this ASAP.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CleveSaab, I hadn't noticed your translation before:

P0113. Intake air temperature sensor circuit high input

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts