SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody...My wife and I recently purchased a 2001 9-5 turbo that we love. It's her baby but she's been having a few problems.

The check engine light has been going on and off for quite awhile..more on than off and we had diagnostics ran on it and they couldn't find anything.

Also just yesterday my wife heard some loud crackling from the front speaker, thinking I needed new speakers...the shop said they seemed fine and that it might be the amplifier.

Has anyone had either of these problems and/or know what I should do?

·
Registered
137 Posts
What kind of shop did you take it to a mechanic? as far as speakers go they can look perfectly fine but the voice coil can break or even expand to the point there is rubbing (ie. crackling) sounds coming from the speaker. Alot of times when amps go its not just one channel but it is possible. personally i would take it to a good mobile audio shop that has certified technicions. but my bet would be a rubbing voice coil. as far as the cel goes could be a failing o2 sensor as they commonly make the cel go on and off but should be able to verify from a scan tool. just make sure its on when you get it tested.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Rockstar said:
Hello everybody...My wife and I recently purchased a 2001 9-5 turbo that we love. It's her baby but she's been having a few problems.

The check engine light has been going on and off for quite awhile..more on than off and we had diagnostics ran on it and they couldn't find anything.

Also just yesterday my wife heard some loud crackling from the front speaker, thinking I needed new speakers...the shop said they seemed fine and that it might be the amplifier.

Has anyone had either of these problems and/or know what I should do?
I'm not sure how they couldn't find an error code from a check engine light... :confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
was the light on when they checked? because i had lil prob with that and everytime i went to go get it checked it would be off and they said they only can find the prob if the light is on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts