SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Engine and other problems

Recently the engine light on my 9-3 came on, traction control won't come on and the cruise control won't work. also the car is idling at 2,000 rpm and im not getting full boost from the turbo. all of these problems started simultaneously after grinding the gears going into third. could this be an electrical problem or something else? is this something i could fix myself? i dont want to bring it back to the shop again ( ive already been there twice in the last few months).

2001 9-3se
110k miles

·
Registered
21,583 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Any time the CEL comes on, personally I think the first step should be to read the codes.

Autozone and other part stores provide the service free of charge, and the simple code readers cost less than a tank of gas.

It could be as simple as the car being in limp mode, because there was a small hiccup when you missed a shift, in which case all you need to do is read the codes, reset the throttle body, reset the ecu, and get back on the road.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the suggestions but looking elsewhere i found that disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it fixes the problem i guess that the computer just needed to be reset. Ill take it to get the codes read if it happens again but for now i think it will be fine. thanks

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I think the codes and the CEL can be much as a "very early warning system", that should not be ignored , the battery should NOT be disconnected....JMO:cheesy:

Traction Control ?
I did not think the Saab I4 had this feature..

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the check engine light came back on so I think Earthworm is right i'll get the codes checked as soon as I can. However the other problems haven't come back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts