SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a JT 3" single muffler exhaust(i wanted the 2 muffler but gs didnt have it:cry:) and its a catless system and there was no bung for the 2nd O2 sensor so i unpluged it (i cant get it out of the stock pipe) and when i took it for a ride today the check engine light came on now im guessing taht is because of the 2nd O2 sensor not being there. but should i have it plugged in and just zip tie it some where or can i leave it out? thanks o and btw exhaust is awsome not too loud could be a hair quieter and there is virtually no spool up which is AWSOME. thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
It's definitely from the o2 sensor bring unplugged. It's a hassle but you're probably going to have to take the downpipe off and bring it to a shop to have a hole drilled and a bung welded on. I'm not sure about PA but in New York cars with OBD2 wont pass inspection if your CEL is on, regardless of the reason.

EDIT, Just realized you said it's a catless system. You're still going to need to plug that o2 sensor in, and probably get a bung welded on the downpipe, but the added difficulty is that you are going to need to trick the computer into thinking there is a cat between the two sensors. Try searching here for stuff along the lines of "no cat in viggen", I know there are threads about tricking the computer to thinking there is a cat. Good luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, it's due to rear o2 sensor not being plugged in. Will not pass inspection, and even if you are able to have a new bung welded in and can clear the CEL, you wont pass inspection without a catalytic converter. Plan on either having a decent exhaust shop add a high-flow cat (magnaflow makes a nice one for not much money) at the same time they add the second o2 bung, or plan on swapping for your old downpipe prior to inspection.

Chris

·
Registered
352 Posts
befor I put my custom 3" system in I ran my cat. del. system with only center resonator and never had a problem, now that the new systems in (Magnaflow cat., Vibrant center res. and custom rear muff I throw a cel code half way home from work every time.:confused: WTF man, what do you guys think this is from?

JT

oh yeah whole point of my post was with the cat delete system I had both O2 sensors installed and never had a prob.

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
A pair of spark plug non-foulers will keep the check engine light from coming light, even with no cat. I ran my car that way for quite a while until I decided to get a new downpipe with a cat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts