SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
just bought 2. for $35 total cant really go wrong, and supposedly they come with the hard key too...

·
Registered
423 Posts
post back and report when you get it, because I got one recently (from a different seller) and it didn't clip together and the key blade was the wrong size, so would never work in the lock.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
post back and report when you get it, because I got one recently (from a different seller) and it didn't clip together and the key blade was the wrong size, so would never work in the lock.
its entirely a possiblity. but still for less than the price of 1 key shell (no hard key) its low risk high reward. let you know when i get them.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
There was a thread on these a few weeks ago, as I recall, it said sort of a hard plastic, some difficulty seating the circuit board and the cut key got stuck in the shell,

But I guess any port in a storm. With patience we will see keys back out there.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Geez, is there anything they wont knock off? Almost looks like the Caddy keys which were our key minus the rubber coating....

Sean

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just got this message from the seller

"Hello,

The item (Remote Key Case Fob for SAAB 9-3 9-5 93 95 2009 Plus Smart key Shell 4 Button) is a key shell case only, no remote key blank inside.

Is it what you want? If you are sure it is what you want, we will ship it to you right now.

Or if you want the key shell case with the remote key blank?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you!"

I don't really care about the key blank, but this seems kinda shaddy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just got this message from the seller

"Hello,

The item (Remote Key Case Fob for SAAB 9-3 9-5 93 95 2009 Plus Smart key Shell 4 Button) is a key shell case only, no remote key blank inside.

Is it what you want? If you are sure it is what you want, we will ship it to you right now.

Or if you want the key shell case with the remote key blank?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you!"

I don't really care about the key blank, but this seems kinda shaddy.
I got the exact same email, told him to cancel if not what I want.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just bought the full key brand new remote with blade and control module inside for $90, epic score including shipping, can't go wrong with that,

·
Registered
72 Posts
If your FOB remote is melting away (like mine), you may want to have a look at these shell cases I just found on ebay:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Remote-Key-Case-Fob-SAAB-9-3-9-5-93-95-2009-Plus-Smart-key-Shell-4-Button-/120946751691?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c28fcf8cb

I just ordered 1. Will report back when I receive it.

Here's my report: Don't buy this! First of all they told me after ordering it wasn't going to come with the key blade. I said to send it anyway. It came with a blade, but its skinnier and I'm not sure it would work right.
Regardless this thing is not well made. There were no tabs inside it to hold the battery in place or the circuit board. Stupid me put it together anyway even though the thing felt like it wouldn't stay securely shut.
Well the first time I pulled it out of the ignition everything fell out and the button on the circuit board for the locks also feel apart. I ended up with missing pieces from the circuit board and a non working remote. I was eventually able to disassemble the forth unused button on my remote (I assume the panic button), use to parts to reassemble the lock button, and solder another broken piece. The remote works again, but I don't trust it as my main key.
I should have seen this one coming, but I paid the price for being stupid.

·
Registered
423 Posts
They are touch and go. I got mine from seller jurgen1290. He doesn't have any for sale at present - but it clipped together and was really good quality (but still completely hard plastic).

I bought another from a chinese company on the internet and it didn't clip together and they key was too thin. Sounds very similar to your experience. When I asked them about the key not clipping together the feedback was 'it needs to be glued together, it's how they are meant to be'. Needless to say I wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
some cutting and pasting may be in my future lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nathan 9⁵;2229842 said:
I liked this one. It's a bit more expensive, but the key is the correct key, has the rubberised head, and the feedback is good. I'm buying one, I'll report back with feel, function and fitment.

Saab 9-3 Smartkey Fob Case Key

Is it one of those where you have to take out the electronic circuit from the old remote and fit it into this one?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts