SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUYS,
I want to replace my ICM1 unit to ICM3 control panel. I want to replace ONLY the control panel couse the sat nav system canot work here. Can this replacement be done easily?
ps. i hear that i will need an extra wires and a programing from a dealer.
why should be need to be program the ICM3 unit at the time i dont need the sat nav system?

THANX GUYS......for helping me!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
kastros-saab said:
GUYS,
I want to replace my ICM1 unit to ICM3 control panel. I want to replace ONLY the control panel couse the sat nav system canot work here. Can this replacement be done easily?
ps. i hear that i will need an extra wires and a programing from a dealer.
why should be need to be program the ICM3 unit at the time i dont need the sat nav system?

THANX GUYS......for helping me!
This is a link to a thread that a guy called CHR15 has done exactly what you are describing: http://www.saabscene.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31630366 it also explains why you need the icm3 tech2 programmed at a dealer.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've just bought the following for my 2006 SS vector sport with es2-7:

Genuine saab sat nav system. All items brand new and boxed.

This consists of :

Saab ICM3 (infotainment control unit) with colour lcd screen Saab part no:12772171 (replaces ICM1 or ICM2)

Saab EHU (entertainment head unit) this is controlled by the ICM3 unit and controlls audio. Saab part no:12761503

Saab DVD ROM reader (reads sat nav dvd) Saab part no:12768494

Saab CU/PU (positioning unit) Calibrates and controlls sat nav. Saab part no:12805668

No wiring loom, mounting bracket (for dvd reader),GPS (shark fin) antenna or sat nav dvd disc included.

These items need programming at a saab dealer.

Items for:

Saab 93 sport saloon

Saab 93 sport wagon

Saab 93 convertible

for model year: 2003-2007

Is there a difference between EHU listed above and the one I already have in my car for the existing icm2?

·
Registered
437 Posts
WooSAABy said:
I've just bought the following for my 2006 SS vector sport with es2-7:

Genuine saab sat nav system. All items brand new and boxed.

This consists of :

Saab ICM3 (infotainment control unit) with colour lcd screen Saab part no:12772171 (replaces ICM1 or ICM2)

Saab EHU (entertainment head unit) this is controlled by the ICM3 unit and controlls audio. Saab part no:12761503

Saab DVD ROM reader (reads sat nav dvd) Saab part no:12768494

Saab CU/PU (positioning unit) Calibrates and controlls sat nav. Saab part no:12805668

No wiring loom, mounting bracket (for dvd reader),GPS (shark fin) antenna or sat nav dvd disc included.

These items need programming at a saab dealer.

Items for:

Saab 93 sport saloon

Saab 93 sport wagon

Saab 93 convertible

for model year: 2003-2007

Is there a difference between EHU listed above and the one I already have in my car for the existing icm2?
OK how???
I would buy all these and take them to my dealer to replace my NAV which is not working.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts