SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I've odne some searches and found bits and bobs but there's so much informatyion and contradictory information. I've owned my 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero for 5 weeks and running sweet. However, had coolant low message the other day, so last night thought I'd check level. Anyhow, the cap basically wasn't connected to the centre plug bit so couldn't get in to the black coolant tank to check. Got a new cap on the way.

However, forgetting the above, I don't believe it's ever been changed in 13 years as I can't find any evidence in the history, so my question is:

1. Do I just top up and if so, which one? I suupose it depends what's in there and the problem is I don't know, as I'm the 4th owner... or...
  2. I drop all coolant and start from scratch, however, am I ok doing this and if I did, is there anything I need to know and more importantly which coolant do I need. I'm UK based if this makes a difference.
Any help here or advice would be welcomed as I don't want to do something stupid or refresh with the wrong stuff. Seem Dexcool or whatever it's called seems was a firm fave but has called problems. Just don't know what type, OAT, HOAT, the colour or what... so much info out there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pink,dexcool,vauxhall coolant..
Super thank you. Quick one, if when I get my lid off the coolant tank it's a different colour, what would the advice be, drain and replace OR top up with the matching colour?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, will probably just drain as god knows how long this stuff has been in there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts