SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i get the guide bolts off the brakes, other than that how do i change the brakes, and where do i depress the caliper?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Kermit said:
C'mon Justin, you don't expect people to actually read the FAQ's do you? ;)
Guess I should have learned by now, huh...? :roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
bmxfratboy said:
that really helped
Excellent, feel free to ask some more ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so i changed the front (didn't have the right pad for the rear) and now the pedal sinks to the floor, drove it for 7 miles is still doing this, when i changed the brakes i had the cap on the brake fluid resvoir, and i also noticed on one of calipers the brake caliper was pulling back from the guide pins, should i bleed my brakes, how do i get the brake caliper to set closer to the bracket, any tips, because i wil try bleeding tommorow and if that doesn't work i am gonna pray because i won't know what to do,

p.s. got some links for the rear brakes with the little pads

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
That's exactly it. One person pumps the brakes, and one person opens the screw, and makes sure the reservoir stays above the minimum. (So no air gets back into the lines.) Do NOT drive your car like it is now, that's really very very dangerous.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you're exactly right, i went back to look at the photos and i did have the retaingin spring on wrong, i was thinking, i didn't unhook hoses, that did the trick, they stop on a dime now, thanks everyone for your help, pictures to come soon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts