Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I have made some changes to the T&C, this is the part I believe people had an issue with, first is the old version then the re written one.

>>>>>>>>>> You agree to grant to GIXXER.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of GIXXER.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to GIXXER.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to GIXXER.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to GIXXER.COM.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

now it will read
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You agree to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license on any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of SAABCENTRAL.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to SAABCENTRAL.COM. This license is granted solely for use on SAABCENTRAL.COM, including without limitation the AutoGuide.Com mobile application.

Further, you grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, for exclusive use of SAABCENTRAL.COM, including without limitation the AutoGuide.Com mobile application. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to SAABCENTRAL.COM.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What do you all think?

If there are other parts you wish to change let me know :)

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
That's certainly an interesting change.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's better, I don't like the part about holding VC harmless in the event of ACTUAL infringement. But the rest seems fine by me. Good second draft! I like the attention you folks are giving this, makes me feel better (even though my signature was deleted...).

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
I've got a call in for some guidance

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's a c'n'p from one of their other forums that gave 'em less hassle...
to TooMany: I think you want a :) or a ;-) after the comment about less hassle - otherwise there's no reason to go there.

To comment on the suggested change to the T&C - I read the previous threads from the last week. I just joined this forum a few weeks ago when I bought a Saab (had a company Saab for a year in '92 and wanted one after that) so I didn't feel the need or totally have the history in the forum to step in. But I have benefited from the forum and hope I have contributed a bit so far and will more so as I maintain my Saab. I appreciate the work that was put into the site so far.

So, the question that I have is on the second paragraph. Why are you seeking to use my name in connection with a submittal? I understand the username part since my username goes with my posts (such as this one). But I would prefer to not have my name listed along with my posting. Did I even give a name when I registered or just an email address - I can't remember? Then, for my name to show up in SAABCENTRAL advertisements on some other website, that would concern me as well.

Thanks - I'll look for a response.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
You agree to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license on any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of SAABCENTRAL.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to SAABCENTRAL.COM. This license is granted solely for use on SAABCENTRAL.COM, including without limitation the AutoGuide.Com mobile application.

Further, you grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, for exclusive use of SAABCENTRAL.COM, including without limitation the AutoGuide.Com mobile application. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to SAABCENTRAL.COM.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What do you all think?
BUT, I don't "agree"..........

So where does that leave me?

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
To which bit?

<points to door>
I know you're not speaking for new management when you wrote this because you definitely don't want to encourage people to do this, especially if they don't agree with the new T and C.

The absolute last thing you want to do is to push people away, especially when there's still some question as to the rights of existing archived content.

In an earlier post, one of the former owners said he never allowed users to delete posts. That's true. But the full answer is that he was never legally compelled to do it, which is a different matter entirely.

Let people decide for themselves whether they're comfortable with the change, and with having all of their content remaining on the site.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
TBH, I'd prefer you "knew" it because you believed me when I've told you it explicitly, several times...
Told me what explicitly, several times?

That you're not working for new management?
That you don't want to encourage people to leave?
That you don't want to annoy people enough to trigger legal challenges to archived content, whether in the UK, the US or Canada?

Which is it, or is it all of the above? I can't really check the past record, as most of those past posts have been censored.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
Told me what explicitly, several times?

That you're not working for new management?
Exactly that.

That you don't want to encourage people to leave?
If you've got such a cob-on against the new ownership of the forum, I'd LOVE for you to go.

That you don't want to annoy people enough to trigger legal challenges to archived content, whether in the UK, the US or Canada?
Get over yourself, Mike.

·
Administrator
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is not what that means. What it is referring to is when members Quote your posts, as i am doing now.

to TooMany: I think you want a :) or a ;-) after the comment about less hassle - otherwise there's no reason to go there.

To comment on the suggested change to the T&C - I read the previous threads from the last week. I just joined this forum a few weeks ago when I bought a Saab (had a company Saab for a year in '92 and wanted one after that) so I didn't feel the need or totally have the history in the forum to step in. But I have benefited from the forum and hope I have contributed a bit so far and will more so as I maintain my Saab. I appreciate the work that was put into the site so far.

So, the question that I have is on the second paragraph. Why are you seeking to use my name in connection with a submittal? I understand the username part since my username goes with my posts (such as this one). But I would prefer to not have my name listed along with my posting. Did I even give a name when I registered or just an email address - I can't remember? Then, for my name to show up in SAABCENTRAL advertisements on some other website, that would concern me as well.

Thanks - I'll look for a response.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Henlena (not Adrian) as I said earlier.

I do not agree with the terms and conditions proposed here.

What does that mean in terms of my continued membership to this community and to the posts and threads I provided under the old regime.

Thanks Chris

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
57 Replies
20 Participants
administrator
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing