SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have just got the log book back for the 1996 Saab Se Turbo i bought and have been doing up, ( Still get condensation bad on idle from cold ) but i am leaving that as if i take it for a run clears up mostly.
What i would like to know is when the Log book came back its down as a Saab SE 900 Turbo Sensonic , yet it has the clutch pedal and a Hydraulic clutch fitted. I had noticed when i took it for the MOT both drive shafts were nearly new. Is this a common thing to do when one of these sensonic gearbox's fail to change it for a normal 5 speed manual with hydraulic clutch. Does it effect anything else cheers bash

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sensonic / Manual ?

Hi,
A few years ago i purchased a 900s which had a manual box operation instead of the original sensonic. When i looked into this further i discovered that the sensonic method was never very reliable ,this created a lot of problems with spares availability, so much so that Saab retrofitted the car to manual specification at a cost of £1400 (which was more than i paid for the car). This cost was covered by Saab and i believe that it is a common solution to the sensonic problem as other non franchised companies are now offering this service.

If the V5 still states that the car is Sensonic (even though the car is still a manual ) i would contact your insurance and let them know (you know what insurance companies are like). It made no difference to my policy but at least it kept me right.

Hope this helps,
Kenny.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Kenny, that is a good point about the insurance, like you state the job seems to have been done professionally and the drive shafts are genuine Saab units. It does not look like its been modified by someone who just wants the car to run and then sell on. bash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts