Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS,
Finally i have change my icm1 unit to icm3. It looks great:D
I have pictures how i proceeded......so have a look.:eek:
I hope they will be enough helpfull.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It looks pretty fantastic. How much would it cost and where did you get it? Show us some more ICM3 function.

Ps. Who said that ICM1 cannot upgrade to ICM3. This is totally wrong. Mine is ICM2 upgraded from ICM1. I should have seen this thread earlier.

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
That was me... that was when i tried to have it done with my 9-3 and the stealership couldnt get it to talk to the rest of the car. Man im a little miffed about this now since i already sold my icm3 not too long ago.:evil:

But sweet install bro... now it looks like im going junkyard hunting yet again... :roll:

And redromeo if it makes you feel any better i have the icm 2 installed now after having the original icm 1. sorry bro

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to make anyone upset. I just want to have ICM3 on my car:suprised; but it's too late cuz I already paid for ICM2. Don't take it so serious !!:suprised; :D

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
im pissed now because it took me about 3 months of junkyard hunting to find a icm 3 for 350 bux... and i sold it for 400... but paying over a grand for it is ludacris

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
cavedudejeff said:
That was me... that was when i tried to have it done with my 9-3 and the stealership couldnt get it to talk to the rest of the car. Man im a little miffed about this now since i already sold my icm3 not too long ago.:evil:

But sweet install bro... now it looks like im going junkyard hunting yet again... :roll:

And redromeo if it makes you feel any better i have the icm 2 installed now after having the original icm 1. sorry bro
The icm3 unit you found would have been 'Married' to the original car. It would need to be 'divorced' from the donor by Tech2 whilst it was still in the vehicle and then it could be married to any other car by tech2 once fitted to the new vehicle. otherwise it wont work.

·
Registered
381 Posts
RedRomeo said:
How much would it cost and where did you get it? Show us some more ICM3 function.
I had a long thread about my experience over at saabscene including some speaker upgrades.

Thread is here:

http://www.saabscene.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31630366

The site seems to be loading quite slowly but you will see how my upgrade progressed, page 2 is where it gets interesting from the ICM3 point of view and has a lot of pictures of the ICM3 functions which are available after the upgrade.

I found it a great visual upgrade, even if the radio is still [email protected]!!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
WooSAABy said:
The icm3 unit you found would have been 'Married' to the original car. It would need to be 'divorced' from the donor by Tech2 whilst it was still in the vehicle and then it could be married to any other car by tech2 once fitted to the new vehicle. otherwise it wont work.
if you were to purchase an ICM3 off ebay, or any other retailer for that matter, how would you be able to tell if it has been 'married' or not?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
robhurlburt said:
if you were to purchase an ICM3 off ebay, or any other retailer for that matter, how would you be able to tell if it has been 'married' or not?
you would have to ask. if it is new it would not have been previously married. if it is taken from another vehicle it needs to be divorced before removal or it will never work in any other vehicle again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi there,
ebay my friend ebay. I was waitting for a long time until I get it.
ps. Havein mind RHD and LHD cars. The items are different.

THANKS

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
robhurlburt said:
you would have to ask. if it is new it would not have been previously married. if it is taken from another vehicle it needs to be divorced before removal or it will never work in any other vehicle again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Icm3

Friend,
It cost me £300 and i got it from ebayuk.
Afterwords you will need Tech2(programize).
THANX
RedRomeo said:
It looks pretty fantastic. How much would it cost and where did you get it? Show us some more ICM3 function.

Ps. Who said that ICM1 cannot upgrade to ICM3. This is totally wrong. Mine is ICM2 upgraded from ICM1. I should have seen this thread earlier.

·
Registered
368 Posts
WooSAABy said:
That's not correct. This was the case with the previous 9-3. There is no need to divorce it from the old car. If it is in good working order (it took me three attempts to get a good working ICM2) you can have it married it to the new car by tech2. That is important because the ICM contains several system settings of the car where it comes from, but even witout marrying it will work, except for a few functions, and it might tell you that you have a theft alarm (which you mayt not have) or a parking heater or whatever was different in the donor car.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
fulmar said:
That's not correct. This was the case with the previous 9-3. There is no need to divorce it from the old car. If it is in good working order (it took me three attempts to get a good working ICM2) you can have it married it to the new car by tech2. That is important because the ICM contains several system settings of the car where it comes from, but even witout marrying it will work, except for a few functions, and it might tell you that you have a theft alarm (which you mayt not have) or a parking heater or whatever was different in the donor car.
Im afraid you are incorrect. all the audio and navigation components are marred to the vehicle as an antitheft measure and need to be divorced before they will work in any other vehicle. You can confirm this with your saab dealer. the only time they dont need divorced is if they are brand new.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Married/Divorced whatever, that install looks really cool.
Nicely done and well worth all the time and money spent.
Kastros, really great job!

Now, how do you get the steering wheel on the other side?:lol:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts