SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen a cf hood for the ng900 but havent seen one for the 9-3 yet.. specifically a 99 9-3 any word on if one exists

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
This should be a direct swap.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was thinking of replacing my hood with one from Kenny, but the pictures he sent me showed he still has a ways to come in the CF molding process.

Don't get me wrong, I aplaud him for his work in expanding the Saab aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
He means Kevin.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Good one Jules:D .

What is the need for a CF hood? Just for looks? I personnally don't mind having that little bit of extra weight over the front wheels that drive the car and would also be worried about the fit...

·
Registered
328 Posts
i agree with you there petrol. looks good but makes sense to have weight on the drive wheels. unless it's a crazy hardcore track car where EVERYthing is getting re-done and taken out to save weight.
i think the hood vent/scoop is a good idea though, to keep engine bay temps down...
i've been toying with the idea of getting an old hood somewhere and hacking it up a bit to see what i can come up with! then to finish it i'll get some of that carbon-fiber-look plastic stick on sheeting and there's your CF hood! ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry. I meant Kevin. No idea where Kenny came from. Could be I'm horrible with names.

I actually think a CF hood would improve the dynamics of the car on the track by distributing the weight more evenly. I know the car handled remarkably better on the track when I had a person in the back seat. I could image that lightning the front would give a similar effect.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
All we need is the carbon hatch and we're stylin.

·
Registered
543 Posts
NCviggen said:
i think the hood vent/scoop is a good idea though, to keep engine bay temps down...
i've been toying with the idea of getting an old hood somewhere and hacking it up a bit to see what i can come up with! then to finish it i'll get some of that carbon-fiber-look plastic stick on sheeting and there's your CF hood! ;)
Yes, I wish I had bought a seperate hood instead of hacking mine up. One day I might get round to finnishing my hood off properly. I want to fill the join between the duct and the hood and re-spray silver.

Word of warning though....it's a lot more noisy!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts